Recording gameplay with fraps, audio sync problem

Previous topic - Next topic

kaotiklabs

Hi guys,
recently I wanted to record a gameplay video of my LD entry with fraps but Im having several isues with the audio sync.
I remeber that I expercienced this type of problems before :(

How do you record them?
Vote Cthulhu! Because the stars are right!!!!
Ia Ia Cthulhu F' tang!

spacefractal

I did not have audio sync here, but I did have lag, so I simply recorded and played the game in 25fps.... That is what I did.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrTAToad

Reduce the fps as much as possible.  It might also be worth trying "Lock framerate" and "force lossless RGB capture"

kaotiklabs

Ok, I will try it, if not will look for camtasia.
Ia Ia Cthulhu F' tang!

fuzzy70

Just download your game & done a test with fraps. Recorded the game running on my desktop @ 1280x1024 30fps which generated a huge file(not surprised by that).

Out of divx player, VLC & Mediamonkey they all showed various problems like out of sync audio or frame drops. Windows media player was the only one to play the file perfectly.

Also tried converting to flash video & resizing it to a more web friendly file/image size, of which only adobe media encoder cs5.5 done a decent job with keeping everything in sync.

Lee

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk 2
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Ian Price

Use VirtuaDub (which is free) on FRAPS vids and you can get a massive reduction in filesize.

I have a 2.5min .MP4 vid of DinoDefense that's only 2.2MB. Admittedly I recorded it without sound, but the original file was a couple of GBs! All done with FRAPS and VirtuaDub.

Don't forget you can record audio and video separately at the same time, then remix later.
I came. I saw. I played.

fuzzy70

Yep, fraps records raw video with no compression. My test above lasted 1:21 & produced a 1.30gb file, the data rate was 942182kbps. Compared to the converted file of 7.9mb & 1000kbps. I could have optimised it a lot more but just picked a random preset just to test the sync issue.

Lee
Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk 2
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

kaotiklabs

Using virtualdub did not fixed the sync problem although it was impresively compressed.
I finally went with camtasia and it did a good job, just the audio a bit distorted but enough for what I need.

Hope to find a better way for the next videos :P
Ia Ia Cthulhu F' tang!

mentalthink

Not use Camstasia the FPS drop donw a lot, your game don´t look any real...

I save whit FRAPS, and never have problems, perhaps it´s something about drivers, if you have realteck chip, look about HD-audio driver... for me something of the audio card don´t works well, if I don´t install it...

Have an option about FRAPS, it´s the same but I don´t rebenber the name... put something like this...

Alternatives to FRAPS, normaly you go to a link whit a lot of alternatives, can be FRAPS or any soft... it´s a good place for search alternatives... and sometimes are Free...