Triority

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Another post missing is the bit about Triority - which is essentially the GLBasic commands (2D only at the moment) in a Visual Studio/CodeBlocks C++ library.  It also has various extras including the basic particles system and the pro-font display routine (which need to be changed).

Another important difference (aside from some command changes) is that it uses SDL2 - if I get 3D working it would then be a mixed of OpenGL and SDL2.

I've included a test program (one using CodeBlocks & MinGW) and the other using Visual Studio 2013 - As I compiled against the 64-bit version of SDL2 libraries, you will need a 64-bit operating system!  That only applies for the CodeBlocks version - the VS 2013 only works against the 32-bit libraries, so any OS will work there!

MrTAToad

Got some test programs running now - this is around half of the non-3D GLBasic sample programs that I have converted to Triority so far.

Its nothing particularly exciting - its mainly testing the various areas, to make sure they work.  So far, none of the extra stuff has been tested (particles, sprite fonts etc).

Some example code :

Code (glbasic) Select
#include "Triority.h"

int main(int argc, char * argv[])
{
const char *organisation = "organisation";
const char *programName = "programName";
DGInt volume=128.0;

// Initialise Triority
if (__GLB_Defaults(argc, argv, organisation, programName) == false)
{
END();
}

PLAYMUSIC("music.mp3",true);
SLEEP(1000);
while (true)
{
PRINT("Music playing : " + FORMAT_Str(2, 0, ISMUSICPLAYING()), 0, 0);
PRINT("Music volume : " + FORMAT_Str(3, 2, volume), 0, 16);
MUSICVOLUME(volume);
volume -= 0.01;
if (volume <= 0.0)
{
STOPMUSIC();
}
SHOWSCREEN();
}
KEYWAIT();

return true;
}

As you can see, things are kept simple.  I will be implementing SETLOOPSUB, which will allow most of the main loop processing to be offloaded to Triority.

MrTAToad

Got 30 odd examples up and running here.  There are a few that aren't quite correct, but they are easy enough to fix.

It is all preview type at the moment :)

MrTAToad

This is the current source file & header.  It is working okay - need to redo the PROFONT system, and I'm not too happy about the keyboard reading system, but that can all be looked at later.

D2O

MSVCR120.dll fehlt
I7 2600K; 8 GB RAM ; Win10 Pro x64 | NVidia GTX 750 TI 2048MB ; Realtec OnBoard Sound;
Lenovo ThinkPad T400: XP Pro
GLB Premium-immer Aktuell

MrTAToad

D2O

Thanks, now is running.
I7 2600K; 8 GB RAM ; Win10 Pro x64 | NVidia GTX 750 TI 2048MB ; Realtec OnBoard Sound;

MrTAToad

It should be noted that some programs expect some text/should be displaying text - and you dont see anything.  This is mainly because I didn't provide the Default.ttf file - which was a bit naughty.  What I need to do is make sure the default font is embedded in the code thereby removing the need for an external file.

D2O

Yes, some text examples not go.
Sound and graphics are going well.
I make time a screen video.
Download it straight up, so it can take some time.

In some applications, the AV reported.

Verfällt: 02-Sep-2014
http://snap.ashampoo.com/L97B9LDT

MrTAToad

No idea why Bulldog should complain as it's all virus-free!

Just need to embed a default font into the system and then I'll re-compile everything again.

D2O

The BullGuard is no problem, I know the behave of PureBasic.
In general, the AV scanner report something in little exe
or even if with GLBasic the Debuger used.

BullGuard has a Bitdefenderscanner like many other AV.
Bullgard is just a frontend.

MrTAToad

I've got a feeling it doesn't like the format of executables created by Visual Studio 2013 - Eset reports no problems.

MrTAToad

Here are the updated files, and a video too!

http://youtu.be/qMIdE06KjVs

MrTAToad

I've got one more major update to do (with the proportional font sprite system), after which I'll release the initial source code, and hopefully make the basic VS2013 project as well as the Triority project.

The idea is to release the source code
VS2013 Project (and test programs)
VS2003 Project (and test programs)
Codeblocks Project

MrTAToad

The main code is now available from my site.

Most GLBasic commands are available, with the exception of FINDPATH and all 3D commands, and all things should work :)

There are a few differences in how some do function though