Gernot

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Hi,

I was considering doing a small GLBasic app but I've noticed, after looking at the forum, that Gernots presence has become rather sparse. Is GLBasic still being developed? How is it's current state, any bugs that are causing people problems on any platforms?

Many thanks,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

Ah, looks like you weren't around for the previous post about this sort of thiing  =D

Yes, his presence as been a bit scarcer that it has been unfortunately.  Hopefully he is still maintaining GLBasic although if there are problems in that regard he would hopefully let us know.

There is an IIF problem with comparisons (the current version doesn't detect the latest update) for some reason, but aside from that it all looks okay.

bigsofty

Thanks for the reply Mr. T., that doesn't sound so bad at all.  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

kanonet

I think last Update isn't even two months old, even though it was just a very small one. There are still dozens of bugs and Im sure most of them will still be there by the end of this year. - But I think we can still say that GLBasic is under (slow) active development.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

MrTAToad

Would depend on whether you mean the update that was last officially announce or the downloadable one (which has a higher version number) :)

erico

Virtual screens are not working on mac and pandora...works on PC and Android, I can´t test other platforms.

spacefractal

Property we should do a new bug list in a new thread? Some was fixed and some not.

Etc ios7 is not well supported, but it's now pretty easy to fix that. It's just require a little update to the Xcode project. I'm now created a thread in code snippets. Also color polygon is slow on iOS for some reasons with weird CPU usage.

Most android bugs is also fixable too by Android Extras.

But that macos bug is quite annoying about virtual screen not working.a important bug really.

So yes still have bugs. The Mac one is property most important if you ask me. Rest is minor.

Ps. This seen have a wrong thread name. Its more about updates.

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

kanonet

Yeah thread title is very descriptive.

We have/had a bug list that I was keeping up to date, but with last forum crash, much work was lost and I lost motivation. But if you look over it and tell what is still active and what is not (and what else to add), I or some oder mod will edit that list with your infos.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

bigsofty

Gernot has said that although he is very busy just now, he has no intentions of dropping GLBasic. This is good enough for me. :)
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

Good enough for me too :good:

mentalthink

Ok perfect.... Long Live to the King  :D :D :D :D :D :D

fuzzy70

I basically assumed that Gernot's absence of late was down to it being summer time & him being with his kids & family, perhaps even a holiday  =D. I have no idea when German schools break for summer like here in the UK or even if they do but that's my thoughts.

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Alex_R

Perhaps we are asking too much to Gernot. Free upgrades, forum activity, bugs corrections, new platforms, improvements... Glbasic is now a great software. Easy to learn and with awsome features. Thanks Gernot and happy holidays!!   :)

MrTAToad

It is very unique - it has 3D and supports Linux (well, used to :) )