iOS Information Compilation

Previous topic - Next topic

XanthorXIII

I think it would be great if there was a section or place for all the information for producing an iOS Game to be stored. It would make it handy for folks who are developing games for it to not have to search so hard.  :booze:
Owlcat has wise

MrTAToad

The main area is all the silly provisioning profiles - unfortunately, you need someone with an account to be able to detail it.

okee

Agree, anyone who has gone through the process, if they
could document do's and don'ts and pitfalls they came across
it would be very useful.
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

MrTAToad

Ian did mention a good book about that sort of thing, but hasn't said what it was called...

Ian Price

The full details are here - http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=4970.msg38176#msg38176

However, those that know me have PM'd me and gain all the knowledge they need. I suggest you do the same :)
I came. I saw. I played.

XanthorXIII

And I'm not just talking about the process of getting your app on the store etc... I'm talking about caveats of programming GLBasic. How to do Touch, how to detect when a user rotates a screen etc... That information should be condensed to one section or a Faq/Guide.
That would be great if we could get something together like that.
Owlcat has wise

MrTAToad

If anyone can get all the details and code together, I dont mind publishing it, and somehow split the meagre profits :)

XanthorXIII

Would it be a good idea to do it as a game tutorial approach or just straight up reference documentation?
Owlcat has wise

MrTAToad

Reference really - a game tutorial has already been done...