INTEGER64

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

INTEGER64(num#)

Seems to be undocumented(also not in the logs)?  :blink:

Converts a number to a 64bit integer.

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

spacefractal

INTERGER64 is mostly only used for pointers in glbasic for supporting 64bit devices (iOS example).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Slydog

I need to use it for keeping track of how much money I've made programming games!   :P
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

bigsofty

I assumed that all variables are 32bit, so how can you store the result of this command?  :blink:

Slydog, your an inspiration to us all!  :D

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

spacefractal

INTERGER64 is required for iOS support, where 64bit pointers is required, which does uses INTERGER64.

Im do newer used it for any of my games. But its handy uses when integrate with example dll's and with long file sizes (movies).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

Quote from: Slydog on 2016-Mar-01
I need to use it for keeping track of how much money I've made programming games!   :P

Made my day! :D

bigsofty

Quote from: spacefractal on 2016-Mar-01
INTERGER64 is required for iOS support, where 64bit pointers is required, which does uses INTERGER64.

Im do newer used it for any of my games. But its handy uses when integrate with example dll's and with long file sizes (movies).

Ah, fair enough, thought we'd maybe had a hidden type in there for a minute.
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

kanonet

Why a hidden type? we officially got a 64bit integer, see the changelog for version 12.096:
Code (glbasic) Select
   //    New data type: int64. Demo: LOCAL i64 AS int64; i64 = ...
   //        FILESEEK and GETFILESIZE work with int64 now.

So its just logical, that we also got an INTEGER64() converter function.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

bigsofty

Completely missed that one in the log, there's no "int64" in the manual either BTW.  :S
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

kanonet

There is so much stuff, thats not in the manual, especially the additions of the last 3 years. I think its save to say, that the manual is obsolete, outdated and one of the biggest flaws of GLBasic. Since the community project to renew it died, there is not much hope anymore.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Kitty Hello

Huh? What's missing?

Alex_R

I agree. For instance, there is a severe lack of information about iPhone platform. In fact in www.glbasic.com/platform/ you don't find IOS archives. If someone new wants to compile for IOS is not possible following glbasic manual. We need Spacefractal (64bits) archives to do it. (Perhaps a little explanation in the manual and links to these archives?)

spacefractal

Would been nice if the online help was wiki based. Then we could update it.

Yes it's can been downloaded from the forum with my archive as well android.

erico

Quote from: kanonet on 2016-Mar-09
Since the community project to renew it died, there is not much hope anymore.

It didn´t die, it just didn´t kick start. Such project needs someone to lead it and as I recall, we all have time to put something in, but no one had time to lead it.
I´m sure if it resurfaces again people will help out.