Blender Export

Previous topic - Next topic

matty47

Hi,
I am having troubles with files exported from Blender. They seem to export with a one unit maximum size. I created a plane in Blender, with size 20 units on each side, subdivided it and made a sort of terrain,exported it to .dda and loaded it into a GLBasic program. The size in the program is one unit each side and the z axis seems exaggerated about two to one. Because scaling interferes with collision functions I found that I must deal in small x,y values. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? Any troubles with .3ds files? I suppose I could go to that format.
Thanks for any assistance
Matthew

Kitty Hello

Strange. Blender is perfectly fine. Please upload .blender and .dda file somewhere, or send me an email.

matty47

HI,
I found the error. It was in my method. The scaling of the object in blender has to be reset by going (in object mode)
Transform -> Clear/Apply-> Apply Scale Rotation
This reset the scale to 1 without changing the size and when exported and loaded into GLBasic program was the correct size. I don't remember reading that anywhere. (It also explained the exaggeration I was getting in the vertical)
Life is just one big learning experience eh?
Thanks Again
Matthew

Kitty Hello

I can remember that too. Oh dear, sorry I forgot. Good you mentioned it.

Kitty Hello

I updated the export script. Should be fixed now.