GLBasic under Virtual Machine

Previous topic - Next topic

matty47

My win2k died ( well really I killed it) so I tried running GLBAsic in win2k under both VMWare and Virtualbox in Ubuntu but did not have any success. Windows programmes compiled and ran OK although a dialog appeared saying I should update my video driver to provide hardware OpenGL acceleration, but when i tried a linux compile I kept getting an error saying that lib.so.6 could not be found. iInote that this lib is a link to another file in the linux lib directory so maybe the links don't work in the virtual environment.
Anyway I will just have to reinstall windoze.........ah well.
Hope this info is of some use to someone.
Matt

planetm

I've been using glbasic in win2k via VMware in opensuse 10.2 and can compile linux programs OK. Have you tried updating to the most recent version?

Kitty Hello

Install the latest SDK from the site. There was an old version that had a bug, but it is fixed.

matty47

Thanks for the replies. I had updated to version 4.279 but when I checked the compiler/linux/lib directory I noted that there were several 0 byte size files. I fixed these and now seems OK. Maybe I won't have to reinstall windows after all.

On another note I saw Gernot's video of the physics game on youtube  -- very impressive

Thanls again
Matt

Kitty Hello