GLBasic V12 (was formerly V11 beta)

Previous topic - Next topic

spicypixel

Quote from: diego on 2013-Oct-22
I understand the importance of the export to html 5, but when the problem will be fixed audio (which is delayed) in Android?  :whistle:

I concur
http://www.spicypixel.net | http://www.facebook.com/SpicyPixel.NET

Comps Owned - ZX.81, ZX.48K, ZX.128K+2, Vic20, C64, Atari-ST, A500.600.1200, PC, Apple Mini-Mac.

MrPlow

I thought the Audio not working on my Android app was something i was doing wrong...
So there is a bug?
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

mentalthink

Yes Erico for me in Firefox and Chrome runs at different Speed... the sstandard Html5 shows very jerky, like if some FPS don't appears in the screen...

Kyo

Quote from: MrPlow on 2013-Oct-22
I thought the Audio not working on my Android app was something i was doing wrong...
So there is a bug?
PlayMusic Work fine (with ogg) but PlaySound have a little delay to start .... it's horrible to hear (makes it seem the game is slow) ....  :bed:

fivesprites

So there is a bug?
PlayMusic Work fine (with ogg) but PlaySound have a little delay to start .... it's horrible to hear (makes it seem the game is slow) ....  :bed:

I added extra music support to AndroidExtras to work around this.  Music works fine with that :)

//Andy

Kyo

Quote from: fivesprites on 2013-Oct-22
So there is a bug?

I added extra music support to AndroidExtras to work around this.  Music works fine with that :)

//Andy

Yes I use your Extras and it's work fine,  but only 4 sound at the same time ... mmmm ...... I will use many more ... it's a problem ...

MrTAToad

Sound latency is caused by the operating system - you would really need to start using music to remove that unfortunately.

Sound latency also varies between devices, but is usually around 300ms apparently.

SnooPI

Quote from: spicypixel on 2013-Oct-22
I understand the importance of the export to html 5, but when the problem will be fixed audio (which is delayed) in Android?  :whistle:

I concur

Me too
And also these problems with the 3d : in graphics, yes ... but also in audio (the sound panning don't work)

Big work for Gernot  :S
But personally, I think that today the android platform is most important than html5.

fuzzy70

"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Kyo

Quote from: Snoopy on 2013-Oct-23
Quote from: spicypixel on 2013-Oct-22

I concur

Me too
And also these problems with the 3d : in graphics, yes ... but also in audio (the sound panning don't work)

Big work for Gernot  :S
But personally, I think that today the android platform is most important than html5.

Yes Android and iOS it's the very important platform now.....  :good:
I'd rather have 2 complete platforms, that have 10 platforms that do not work!
For me the important thing now is:
- Fix 3D/2D (if there are problems)
- Fix Audio System
- ADD Support for Adv (to earn from the games released for free)
:booze:

fivesprites

You'll notice on Android devices that exhibit significant latency that there is little to no latency when using the music player applications.  Hence why I opted to use the mediaplayer as the method to play music in AndroidExtras.  The devices I've tested on show little to no delay when starting to play music.

Android is a pain in the ....

:)

Kyo

Quote from: fivesprites on 2013-Oct-23
You'll notice on Android devices that exhibit significant latency that there is little to no latency when using the music player applications.  Hence why I opted to use the mediaplayer as the method to play music in AndroidExtras.  The devices I've tested on show little to no delay when starting to play music.

Android is a pain in the ....

:)

Yes, your system for audio is great, but have a limtation for 4 sounds at the same time ...
I have tried other engine 2D/3D (Unity, AGK etc.) and do not have this problem, I do not know how they solved the problem of latency ...

spacefractal

im have not looked how its sound with sound and androidextras, but as im are aware, you can uses the same buffer for various sound. Glbasic its self does similar thing (using up to 4 buffers).

etc here is the comment from the androidextras:
// Load in the sound files
//
// There are 4 SoundPool instances available and each of your sounds
// should be evenly distributed across them.  SoundPool loads the
// sounds into memory rather than streaming from storage, so ensure
// they are small (mono/22.5khz/16bit).  If you have one that is
// say 100KB in size and 5 more that are 20KB or less, then place
// the large one its own soundpool instance and spread the others
// out.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kyo

Ah ok ... I have to try it ...
but I remain of the view that before implementing other exporter to other platforms (which require many months of work), I think ... should first fix and complete the existing platforms!
I do not see HTML5 as a platform priority! (But this is only my idea) .....   :whistle:

kanonet

Quote from: diego on 2013-Oct-23I'd rather have 2 complete platforms, that have 10 platforms that do not work!
This is just totally unfair and of cause it does not describe the current situation! Yes, some platforms have some problems but you simply can not say, that they "do not work" at all, this is just not true. There will always be some problems (you know the developer wisdom: if something is completely working its outdated  :D) and Gernot has not the time ATM to fix it that fast like he did in the past (i remember times when he fixed reported bugs/added new features in 1-3 days and we got 2+ updates each week), but im sure important issues will get addressed in time, especially if the community is helping (like spacefractal does etc). Some people need to understand, that GLB is not their personal tool, that will be developed to fit their personal needs 110% and ignore all others, everyone thinks something else is important and want Gernot to concentrate only on that specific point. But thats not gonna happen this way, GLB is an easy to learn/use multi platform basic, (almost) all commands behave the same on all platforms, so it can not support specific features that only work on 1-2 platforms, its aim is more for general use. So you simply wont get your 110% perfect android dev tool that is just develeped to fit your needs.
If there is something platform specific missing, its our job (as community) to help each other, create libs and share them. GLB could be an even better tool (yes, hard to imagine  ;)) if more people would help improving it, and I think this could also make this forum an even better place (yes, thats even harder to imagine  8)).

Sorry, I got driven away... Of cause all of this is just my personal POV, not talking for anyone else.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64