OpenGL incompatibility?

Previous topic - Next topic

Darmakwolf

I'm working on a side project that works fine on my PC and just the same on all of my other friends' PCs. One particular friend complains that some scenes where "createscreen" and "use screen" are employed show up as just black screens entirely for him. Are there some graphics cards that just can't handle it???

MrTAToad

Probably those with a small amount of dedicated memory - would also happen if you try to use CREATESCREEN with a large area

Darmakwolf

This screen is not large - 160x144 lol. I think I found the issue though - I'll post once I have the results. I think it had to do with ALPHATESTING

Ian Price

We have a computer at work that has this problem too - I just assumed it had a really old/basic/outdated graphics card that didn't have OpenGL compatibility.

I never used ALPHATESTING in my old games (as GLB below V11.xx didn't need it) and one game only used POLYVECTORS to (NOT) display a virtual screen! so it's not that in my case.
I came. I saw. I played.

Darmakwolf

Figured it out! It was ... A weird decision I made late at night. One particular scene was using ALPHATESTING -0.001. No idea why it was a negative number. Silly wolf.

MrTAToad