GLBasic executable on VirtualBox

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Has anyone else found that GLBasic executables (V9 or 10) wont run on the latest version of VirtualBox (with Guest additions installed) ?  All programs do is generate an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error...

Moru

Check so there is no unintentional windows-dependent inline code, I get some similar problems if I forget something in there for the linux version :-)

Kitty Hello

I think I'm on the current and it "works" for me (Win7, x86 home).
There are lots of graphics problems, though.

Kitty Hello

I think there's some experimental state drivers that support opengl loop through. I haven't bothered to try that, yet.

Hark0

I tried sample OPenGL program animation... and works perfectly on:

VirtualBox 4.0.8 r 71778 (Windows Vista 4 GB Ram)

System emulated are Win XP with 192 Mb ram.

http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

MrTAToad

It seems that the guest additions were causing the problem...  Uninstall them and GLBasic programs are fine... Re-install and programs generate an exception error...

MrTAToad

Sorted out how to get a GLBasic program running in the latest VB - It looks like Hardware Acceleration had to be reduce to either "off" or the next one along...

mentalthink

For anyone how says MrT, if you disable 3D Accelearion Virtual Box works, else you have a nice crash app... I'm not sure without 3D acceleration the Speed can be enough for make 3D things, I don't test my app yet, but seems the only way for make the app runs...

Virtual Box in the last Version it's very intersting with the copy and paste in the clipboard and copy/past files too...

MrTAToad

I have found VirtualBox to be very unstable, especially when using a Linux client system...

Hemlos

I have had no luck getting an opengl version of a glbasic binary to run in linux mint 17 live, linux mint full version, and i also tried linux fedora in VMPlayer.

Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

mentalthink

For me the last version of Ubuntu 10.04 Gnome with the last version of VBox runs very good, the only problem it's th OpenGl; how says hemlos probably Vmware works more faster in 3D... VMware Player it's totally free.

MrTAToad

VMPlayer seems to work fine - haven't tried any GLBasic programs yet though...

MrTAToad

I have now though - even with the VMWare Extras install, GLBasic programs cant find a matching GLX visual.

My Triority doesn't work either - with some resolutions the coordinates 0,0 are at the top right, and text won't print...

fuzzy70

http://www.mesa3d.org/vmware-guest.html might be worth a look. After a few googles I saw pages & pages of 3D acceleration doesn't work & no solutions, other than for old VMware products & old Linux distros.

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

MrTAToad

I had thought of trying to update Mesa, but unfortunately there aren't any pre-built libraries - you have to download and compile it all yourself, as is the Linux way... :(

I'll be going back to Virtualbox next which hopefully will sort it out.