Help - the editor doesn't recognise the commands MOUSEWAIT and KEYWAIT

Previous topic - Next topic

Woka

Hello.

Yesterday, I downloaded the Beta version of the GLBASIC editor and I have a very serious problem. I type:

SETSCREEN 800, 400, 0
PRINT Hello World, 100, 100
SHOWSCREEN
MOUSEWAIT 
END

The computer cannot see the command mousewait, whatever I do. The screen opens and then instantly closes. I have Windows Vista but I had the same problem on XP, too. I disconnected the mouse (for MOUSEWAIT) and then the keyboard (for KEYWAIT) but nothing changed. I tried the C++ editor and copied a similar code to the above. Nothing changed, the problem is still here. Can someone explain me why is this happening and how can I make it recognise that command? If you know PLEASE answer because I want to be a professional programmer (yeah, Im so lucky I stuck in the beginning).

Losts of respect,

Woka.

Schranz0r

pls update to the new version!

on the GLBasic-Editor:
web / internet update

this code wirks fine:

Code (glbasic) Select
SETSCREEN 800, 400, 0
PRINT "Hello World", 100, 100
SHOWSCREEN
MOUSEWAIT 
END
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Woka

I tried to update it but it tells me something about a Runtime Error. I will try again.

EDIT: I tried again, it cannot update. Damn, I MUST be cursed, when it comes to technology, I always have problems  :'(

EDIT 2: Ok, I think it updated... lets see....  oh man, nothing happened. The command MOUSEWAIT is still invisible for the machine.

Woka

I downloaded the NEWEST version from the site. No success.

MrTAToad

I'll give it a go with the demo.  I'll Report back when I have some news...

Woka

I'm sorry, did I say Beta? I meant Demo version (sry).

MrTAToad

By the way, your original example wont work anyway - its invalid.

What you need is :

Code (glbasic) Select
SETSCREEN 800, 400, 0
SHOWSCREEN
MOUSEWAIT 
END

It does work fine in the demo

Woka

I copied your code, activated debug mode and compiled before trying it (F8). I ran it (F5) and nothing changed.

MrTAToad

Try 640,480,0 instead - 640,400 is usually an invalid screen resolution although the demo does change it automatically.

MrTAToad

Last thing to try is :

Code (glbasic) Select

DEBUG "1\n"
SETSCREEN 800, 400, 0
DEBUG "2\n"
DEBUG "3\n"
SHOWSCREEN
DEBUG "4\n"
MOUSEWAIT
DEBUG "5\n" 
END

and watch the debug window at the moment - if it displays all the numbers then there is something on the machine simulating mouse presses and/or keypresses.  Do you see the message stating that the demo is limited to 640x480 ?

If all the numbers aren't displayed then its crashing and you've got a problem with your machine - do the usual update Windows, graphics drivers and sound drivers etc etc.

I too use Vista - Vista x64 to be precise, and XP Home.

Woka

Tried. Compiled. Ran. Failed.

Maybe I should just abandon the language or try an online editor. Oh, I MUST be cursed...

MrTAToad

And what were the results ?  Were all the numbers displayed ?

Woka

I get this with your code.

Quote*** Configuration: WIN32 ***
precompiling:
GPC - GLBasic Precompiler V.7.038 SN:32c13952 - 2D, WIN32
Project 1.gbas (failed to open)
Wordcount:0 commands
compiling:
IncrediBuild skips: Project 1.gbas,

linking:
success
Elapsed: 1.8 sec. Time: 14:55
Build: 1 succeeded.

The image appears, then istantly closes. No difference from before.

MrTAToad

Well, IncrediBuild skips: Project 1.gbas denotes the file has been skipped, so its not surprising.

However, Project 1.gbas (failed to open) denotes that Vista is preventing the file from being opened.

Where is the project stored ?