3D with GLBasic - movie

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

HI erico, about the ligth, you have in mind this:

If you have the target in the 0,0,0 the ligth always lock to this point, if you want make circles over and object you have to use cos and sin, in x and z or x and y, depends how export your software to GLbasic, in 3d Max not it´s equal than AC3D or Blender, anyone have her how world coordinates system, or mode to make it internally.

Yes if you put the lights degree cone to 360, you have a spot light, in principle affects all the scene, because light "simple" don´t have range and don´t have intensity too.

ok, if you want develop only for PC, use a library made by Gernnot, it´s in some part of 3d thread, have a lot of more commands, and it´s very complete, but in mobile devices I think don´t works well, I don´t try.

If you permet I have a little trick, so Glbasic 3D in devices mobiles don´t have too much coomands, I try the make ready the model always in the editor, always I export a backed texture, whit lights, normal maps, and of course we don´t have a parameter for shinnes specular  :'(, but I tri to make things in 3D, and the quality it´s good, but we have to put more effort in the 3D suite.

Warning, if you make a backing texture, if I don´t rebenmer bad, you use LW, be careful whit the channel map of the texture, in Max in example, I have to put the channel inverse, when it´s 3 in material, in backed it´s 1.

Another point, and this it´s only for advice, for me the best tool for texturing, in low poly I think it´s a most important part, I use Bodypaint,this it´s a module of Cinema 4D, like photoshop but you paint over the model, or un the unwrapped mesh, and another Sculping tool very very good, and not too much expensive, professional cost about 300$ and  educational cost about 99$, it´s Coat 3D, it´s like Zbrush, but too much simple, and make thing awesome, and well it´s another genius like Gernnot, 3D coat it´s male by only one Ukranian men, well mother Russia always was the better in Maths...  :nw: :nw:

PS: I think we can use this thread for sharin impresions about 3D in Glbasic, not too much people use 3D, and can sharing tips and tricks, waht do you think?.

Iván J.

aroldo

Erico,

Thanks again, I tested with you texture and ddd fiels and it worked very well.

I need to study more.
[a http://apd-games.com/][img http://apd-games.com/images/APDGames135.png][/a]
MacBook Pro OS X El Capitan
XCode Version 7
iPhone 6 running  iOS 9
iPad Mini running  iOS 7.1
Galaxy S5
Dell Latitude Windows 8 Enterprise
Palm Pre, Palm Pre2

MrTAToad

It takes a little while to get the hang of 3D, but the results are very nice.

I'm re-imaging my "BallZ" game and its now almost all in 3D.  The hardest part will be deciding on the lighting...

[attachment deleted by admin]

erico

heck, I can almost see speedball players running around that screenshot of yours... :O
Excellent work Tatoad!

MrTAToad

aroldo

MrTAToad,

Which 3D tools are you using? AC3D, Blender?
[a http://apd-games.com/][img http://apd-games.com/images/APDGames135.png][/a]
MacBook Pro OS X El Capitan
XCode Version 7
iPhone 6 running  iOS 9
iPad Mini running  iOS 7.1
Galaxy S5
Dell Latitude Windows 8 Enterprise
Palm Pre, Palm Pre2

MrTAToad

mentalthink

Very nice MrTatoad, a question, it´s very difficult, implement the specular shines for 3D Geomtries?¿, I think this it´s a important factor, but I don´t know if need too much CPU in devices mobiles.

About the manner of lighting, the better way it´s a Lightmap or in default a Complete Map.

A personal suggestion, if the game it´s all in 3D, becuase don´t put a little more donw the camera, I think can be more nice than view it from the top, it´s only a personal opinion.

MrTAToad

You can modify the specular lights if you call the OpenGL functions, but they may not be available on handhelds.

This post has a bit about such things : http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=3849.0

Could also write a shader of course...

I could do a light map, but then would have no real control over lighting, so I do it myself.

Its not in a first-person perspective as you need to be able to see everything, which would be tricky without a top-down camera

mentalthink

Hi Mrtatoad, ok, yes I try sometime ago to make someshaders, whit Eclipse and Manila plugin, but was impossible, and I don´t know how try in the same computer how make runs an emulator  :'( :'(

About the perspective, I think I expressed bad, I don´t mean think a first person, but turning some degrees the camera angle respect to the camera target, for looking like in perspective mode or Isometric mode.

Other part, about the lightmap, I try the Ac3d the last week, and well it´s a very easy Soft 3D and goes well, but make something complex don´t it´s too much powerfull, if you don´t intro in the huge softwares like softimage, cinema , max, maya, LW , etc and you want make a litghmap very easy and quickly use this:

I don´t know if in this moment it´s free, but I use years ago whit the Dbasic:

http://www.frecle.net/index.php?show=giles.download

I suppose in Glbasic will be easy implement, but I don´t try yet, I like too much, because it´s very quick and very easy, and the radiosity calculus it´s very precise, but somtimes crash...

PS: I always make a recomendation about a modeler, for me too much better than the huge, this it´s Silo, it´s very cheaper and it´s the most quick and powerfull modeler, and very very easy... 3D not it´s like programming, only meeting 3 o 4 tools, you can make awesome things, don´t feel fear about take a look for an 3ds max, maya or something professional.

MrTAToad

An isometric view could be interesting - might have to think about that.

I chose AC3D mainly because of the DDD exporter - but I'm finding it very unstable.  It does looks as long it's not totally Windows 7 x64 compatible...

mentalthink

ok, 3ds Max have a very good exporter make by Vladimir... if you decide take a look, I don´t have any trouble to give you a hand, how I say 3ds max have a thousand of buttons, but you only have to know 4 o 5 things to make things...

PS: If have people interested in 3D in GlBasic, I don´t have too much problem in explain in some videotutorials how make somthing nice whit the soft I use most normally, but my speak english is more bad than write.
I think explain how make somthing like this , or more complex models, the good thing of 3ds max, it´s , this have a module for make walkings and runs for characters, and not it´s too much complex, in blender it´s a buch of works, put every bone and all this things.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ecco

Quote from: mentalthink on 2011-Oct-15
ok, 3ds Max have a very good exporter make by Vladimir... if you decide take a look, I don´t have any trouble to give you a hand, how I say 3ds max have a thousand of buttons, but you only have to know 4 o 5 things to make things...

PS: If have people interested in 3D in GlBasic, I don´t have too much problem in explain in some videotutorials how make somthing nice whit the soft I use most normally, but my speak english is more bad than write.
I think explain how make somthing like this , or more complex models, the good thing of 3ds max, it´s , this have a module for make walkings and runs for characters, and not it´s too much complex, in blender it´s a buch of works, put every bone and all this things.

..may i know where to download that exporter for 3dsmax, and does it exporting lightmaps done in 3dsmax too??

mentalthink

HI Ecco again  :P

Here you can download... and well I rembember for me this post...  =D

http://scan3d.ru/index.php/productsmenu/gl-basic-tools