GLBasic V12 (was formerly V11 beta)

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

he have annonced it every time, but nor have never updated the sdk in any betas. So you should fellow this thread to make sure.

In the future the normal update from the ide should works again and now we are on v12. all im need is the sdk upgrade and java call mod to the c code, which was never added.

Those who want to look on Android API 14/16 (for using with androidextras and ouya), look here:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=9341.0

PS. Etc this thread should been renamed to glbasic v12 now to avoid confuction?
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

hardyx

Quote from: Hark0 on 2013-Nov-06
Hi, Gernot!

Please CHANGE OR RENAME THE FILE FOR DOWNLOAD... ALL HAVE THE SAME NAME "glbasic_sdk.exe"  :rant:

This pots its very very crazy!!!
You can rename it in your computer!!! This way you always download the last beta version.

kanonet

Quote from: spacefractal on 2013-Nov-06PS. Etc this thread should been renamed to glbasic v12 now to avoid confuction?
Watch out for sneaky Ian, that old man is incredible fast! :nana:

Quote from: hardyx on 2013-Nov-06
Quote from: Hark0 on 2013-Nov-06
Hi, Gernot!

Please CHANGE OR RENAME THE FILE FOR DOWNLOAD... ALL HAVE THE SAME NAME "glbasic_sdk.exe"  :rant:

This pots its very very crazy!!!
You can rename it in your computer!!! This way you always download the last beta version.
If you rename the files on your computer, you can even have future versions of GLB. How cool is that!? :D
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

DaCarSoft

I think that Hark0 wanted to say that he didn't know about the appearing of V12 because V12 was not announced... Obviously a rename was needed "somewhere"...

I also didn't found any information about V12 in forums (and I follow the thread and the entire forums each day)...   If nothing is said in this thread, how can someone know about it???   It is better to tell something here or to rename something than have to download a >300MB file each day to see what happens when you look at the installer properties...    :-*
"Si quieres resultados distintos... no hagas siempre lo mismo" - Albert Einstein.

kanonet

V12 has been announced in the forum, but it was a bit hidden: http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=8544.msg82876#msg82876
I would like it if the Version number was mentioned in the 1st post, next to the link. But since all future version will come with web update its not needed any more (till next beta :D).
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

DaCarSoft

Oups...

I also used the search in forums function trying this: "v12.001", "v12", etc...   But nothing appeared    O_O
"Si quieres resultados distintos... no hagas siempre lo mismo" - Albert Einstein.

Ian Price

Quote from: kanonet on 2013-Nov-07
Quote from: spacefractal on 2013-Nov-06PS. Etc this thread should been renamed to glbasic v12 now to avoid confuction?
Watch out for sneaky Ian, that old man is incredible fast! :nana:

I'm young at heart, ye whippersnapper you! :P
I came. I saw. I played.

Qedo

Good news on html5.  :)
modifing  to "var TOTAL_MEMORY = 67108864;" in the file C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12\Compiler\platform\JavaScript\bin\emscripten\src\settings.js,
Animation_Font.html work on last version of Opera,FF,Chrome.

see to:
http://web.tiscali.it/edoardobianchi/STUFF/HTML5/Animation_Font.html

Bad news on html5. IE11 dont work!!!!  :(

Ciao
Qedo

mentalthink

Thanks Qedo I try and Works  =D =D :good: :good:, Fantastic, only we have to wait a bit, about a couple of minuts... I don't test in the browser but I have now an output file with an .html (Fantastic Work  :good: :good: :booze: :booze:)

MrTAToad

Yes, IE 11 is odd really...

tatakamucher

Hi, i tried to compile some games in v12.001, its cool the new icons (small, small 50, etc) and fix the ipad icon but game center simply dont work  :O

i used the dark shneider wrapper, in the v11 betas game center works fine

http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=6680.0

PD gb make new icons but still missing the ios7 files (76x76,152x152,120x120)  :happy:

Moru

Anyone else have problems with DRAWRECT on Raspberry Pi? Any time I use DRAWRECT with another color than RGB(255,255,255), the font color changes to dark blue (looks like RGB(0,0,255) mabe)
I'm using 12.001 and 11.414, both having the same problem.

Also it takes about 10-12 seconds to get back to the desktop after quitting. Is this normal? Also feels like it takes longer and longer if you keep the program running a while before quitting. Left it running for 10 minutes before quitting and then I had to SSH in and kill the process after waiting two minutes to return to desktop.

Raspberry Pi model B, running Raspbian latest version.

The code: Images are just a simple white font with large letters and a simple png with colors.

Code (glbasic) Select
SETCURRENTDIR("Media") // go to media files

LOADFONT "font.png", 1
LOADSPRITE "basic.png", 1

SETFONT 1
GLOBAL count = 0
GLOBAL mx%, my%, b1%, b2%

WHILE KEY(1) = 0 AND b1 = 0
MOUSESTATE mx, my, b1, b2
// DRAWRECT 50,270, 49,49, RGB(255,255,255) // works
// DRAWRECT 0,270, 49,49, RGB(255,0,255) // Makes everything blue
DRAWSPRITE 1, 100,100
PRINT "Count "+count, 100,150, 0
PRINT "X", mx, my
INC count
SHOWSCREEN
WEND

Ian Price

Gernot updated some drawing bits and bobs. You might need to use ALPHAMODE 0 and/or ALPHATESTING 1 before drawing your rects and fonts. I don't have a Pi now, so I can't test I'm afraid.
I came. I saw. I played.

mentalthink

I did a simple test with an image 800x600 jpg, the weigth was 130 KB, and really the game I think don't arrives to 30 fps... I think in the V11 Html5 runs very better than in this version... I hope (really I'm sure) Gernnot will do Html5 runs fast, this have to be very dificult, how say Coolo to pass the 3D commands to Html5... The good news it's in the market we have the news Html5 Firefox phones, and only cost 42 € , here I'm sure them can't run Battlefield 4, but another incipient market in 2D, and without too much Cost... (I'm sure in anhoter countries the Phone have to be more cheaper.)

Moru

Quote from: Ian Price on 2013-Nov-18
Gernot updated some drawing bits and bobs. You might need to use ALPHAMODE 0 and/or ALPHATESTING 1 before drawing your rects and fonts. I don't have a Pi now, so I can't test I'm afraid.

Tried both together and single but still everything blue. I call them at the start of each loop. Transparency disables when expected but still blue.