GLBasic V12 (was formerly V11 beta)

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

would been in next beta possible to change the default v2.2 of the android SDK? That due I might want to look how the Amazon new Kindle Fire devices works, but they does require a bit newer SDK. Howover I do not know how much its effect glbasic for a SDK change on a optimal state (etc possible to uses more than one SDK, the default v2.2).

The new api is not need to been work, this is some thing we can do with the direct java communication method i did in the past, which can been a good use with direct support of Kindle Fire example (which I dont count the old model here).

Also the OUYA console looks pretty awesome, which is again the possible to change SDK me thinks. That why I ask here.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrTAToad

Quote from: BdR on 2012-Dec-03
Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2012-Sep-15
Here's the changelog:
Code (glbasic) Select

// 11.171-beta
// Core:
//    Faster handling of constant strings.

I just tried recompiling my game which uses several CONSTANT's. The constants with integers seem to work, but strings not so much... :noggin:
Here is test code to reproduce it:

Code (glbasic) Select
CONSTANT SETTINGS_FILE$ = "/settings.ini"
GLOBAL test$
test$ = "C:/MyTest" // PLATFORMINFO$("DOCUMENTS")
DEBUG "test [" + test$ + SETTINGS_FILE$ + "] 123\n"
END

The above code outputs the following: test [C:/MyTest] 123
Instead of the expected: test [C:/MyTest/settings.ini] 123

I'm using the v11 IDE, although it shows v10 compiler in the log:
GLBasic IDE, Version: 11.171
GPC - GLBasic Precompiler V.10.070 SN:28aaf7cf - 3D, NET

Thats odd, I get :

Code (glbasic) Select
test [C:/MyTest/settings.ini] 123

with 11.171

Jonás Perusquía

I come here people because im unable to compile anything, not a joke... anything!

and i tried to compile some HTML5 and got this:

Code (glbasic) Select
*** Configuration: HTML5 ***
precompiling:
GPC - GLBasic Precompiler V.10.070 SN:71fa70a5 - 3D, NET
Wordcount:3 commands
compile+link:
python.exe "Q:/Compiler/platform/JavaScript/bin/\emscripten\emcc" -O1 --llvm-lto 0 --typed-arrays 2 -IQ:\Compiler\platform\Include -IC:\Users\JonasPm\Documents\GLBasic\HTML5 -DEMSCRIPTEN -DNDEBUG -DWANT_SDL -DHAVE_OPENGL C:\Users\JonasPm\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_tempg.cpp C:\Users\JonasPm\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp0.cpp Q:\Compiler\platform\JavaScript\bin\libGLBasicWebGL.o -o C:\Users\JonasPm\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\output.html -DHTML5=1
exit
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum
Elapsed: 2.8 sec. Time: 08:56
Build: 0 succeeded.
*** 1 FAILED ***

And the code i tried to compile:

Code (glbasic) Select

// --------------------------------- //
// Project: HTML5
// Start: Wednesday, December 05, 2012
// IDE Version: 11.171

// SETCURRENTDIR("Media") // go to media files

GLOBAL a

a=1
IF a=1 THEN PRINT "Hola como estas",0,0,1
END

Also, GLBasic v11 installed in another folder so the old v10 is still installed (maybe thats the problem?)
<HTML><BASIC><EC>
Be free and do good things

MrTAToad

You can't compile to HTML 5 yet - nor Raspberry Pi or OSX Uni

All other platforms compile should compile okay.

caffeinekid

Is the Nexus 7 (and others) CreateScreen fix in the new beta, so that it tries different colour depths? Thanks.

Jonás Perusquía

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2012-Dec-05
You can't compile to HTML 5 yet - nor Raspberry Pi or OSX Uni

All other platforms compile should compile okay.

Thanks, that explains why i can´t compile HTML5... but still can´t compile to normal platforms... i will create a topic about this
<HTML><BASIC><EC>
Be free and do good things

Kitty Hello

OK - another try. The beta_sdk (see first post) has been updated and the RaspberryPi should work now.
Also, the HTML5 is starting to get working. You cannot add Media files so far. The browsers will stop running the code. Maybe FireFox or Chrome works - I have to investigate further. I just wanted to bring this update before xmas holidays, since it features all the iOS and Android fixes I wanted to urgently bring.

For all platforms, you should clean the distribute directory before you rebuild. For Android, keep a copy of your Manifest.xml. For iPhone, just delete the XCode/lib directory.

mentalthink

hi Gernnot thanks about the launch data , will be a very very nice present for Christmas (present if we have to pay or not... don't care), thanks !!!.

MrTAToad

We'll give it a good seeing to :)

mentalthink

Gernoot I try to Compile for Html5... I don't use any media file or something only a While Wend and Print commands... but I have a lot of errors.... Raspberry Pi, seems works fine but I don't have the real device...

I use the code in the post about Html5, but I have the same error!!!

I leave I get from the console in GLBasic:
Code (glbasic) Select

Wordcount:2 commands
compile+link:
C:/GLBASIC_11/Compiler/platform/JavaScript/bin/\..\llvm-3.0.release\bin\llvm-dis: No such file or directory
llvm-link: Not enough positional command line arguments specified!
Must specify at least 1 positional arguments: See: C:/GLBASIC_11/Compiler/platform/JavaScript/bin/\..\llvm-3.0.release\bin\llvm-link -help
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/GLBASIC_11/Compiler/platform/JavaScript/bin/\emscripten\emcc", line 901, in <module>
    extra_files_to_link.append(shared.Cache.get(name, create))
  File "C:\GLBASIC_11\Compiler\platform\JavaScript\bin\emscripten\tools\shared.py", line 1041, in get
    shutil.copyfile(creator(), cachename)
  File "C:/GLBASIC_11/Compiler/platform/JavaScript/bin/\emscripten\emcc", line 873, in create_libcxxabi
    shared.Building.link(os, in_temp('libcxxabi.bc'))
  File "C:\GLBASIC_11\Compiler\platform\JavaScript\bin\emscripten\tools\shared.py", line 690, in link
    assert os.path.exists(target) and (output is None or 'Could not open input file' not in output), 'Linking error: ' + output + '\nemcc: If you get duplicate symbol errors, try --remove-duplicates'
AssertionError: Linking error:
emcc: If you get duplicate symbol errors, try --remove-duplicates
exit
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum
Elapsed: 20.6 sec. Time: 01:53
Build: 0 succeeded.
*** 1 FAILED ***

PS: I'm not sure if it's something whit Java JDK, but I try Android and runs fine...  I'm using Windows x32 under Parallels...

MrTAToad

That HTML 5 error is something I get too...  The pathing for lvm-dis is somewhat inaccurate

mentalthink

ok, well putting the this folder llvm-3.0.release into the bin folder of Java

EX :
Code (glbasic) Select
C:\GLBASIC_11\Compiler\platform\JavaScript\bin

The Compiler seems works, but fails again... seem and error whit the file libGLBasicWebGL.o, sorry i can't put I get from console, I touch the .txt about the configuration of Glbasic, and I have to reinstall...  :-[

caffeinekid

I can confirm that CreateScreen is now working on Nexus 7. Fantastic. Thank you!  :nw:

Hemlos

hmm

First try with v11 with my libraries seems to be a problem.
My libs work perfectly fine in v10, but in v11 it gives me a LONG list of errors.

Apparently, we are no longer are able to define default parameters in function parameters?
eg.  FUNCTION SpacerTest: someSpacer$=" $%^&"

How do i pass an object into a parameter like this?
FUNCTION _File_Into_List: list AS lib_List_Object_
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

kanonet

Hemlos i can not confirm your problems, both what you described works for me.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64