Editor question - multiple sources / windows

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryten

Im guessing this isnt possible, if it is Im missing something...

When you have multiple windows / sources open in the editor, Its possible to change the order they appear in by click / dragging the tabs left / right.

However, when you save the project, they revert back to their original positions.

i.e. <tab1><tab2><tab3> can become <tab2><tab1><tab3>

The order they appear in seems to be the creation order of the sources

Is it possible to save the order of the tabs after dragging them around? Ive had a poke around the editor and on here, but couldnt find anything. I'm suspecting not, but worth asking.

Cheers

Kryten

Looks like its not possible then, at least through the IDE.

For anyone who's interested though - if you edit the .gbap file in notepad, you can change the order or the tabs there.

Ian Price

I've never needed to arrange external sources, but sounds like you at least found a solution - not necessarily an ideal one, but it's a solution.
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Ian Price

He said he can drag and drop them, but when he returns to the project the tabs are not in the same order as he left them - they don't autosave position on exit.
I came. I saw. I played.

Kryten

As Ian said - drag and drop is fine, just doesnt save - either though "save all open files" or "File / Project / Save"

Only a minor niggle.

Kitty Hello

Kryten

Cheers :-)

Its happened in V12 and V14, running Win 7 64 bit,Geforce GTX660, latest drivers.