iTouch Review

Previous topic - Next topic

okee

I thought a good way of promoting an iphone game is give away a free pc/mac/linux/wiz version
and have a button link that takes you to the itunes store.
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

fjsantosb

Or, well, a lite version of the same game for iPhone, which has a buy link to AppStore for fullversion (and better if you manage this buy link using bit.ly).

King Regards, fjsantos.
Francisco Santos Belmonte founder of Tip Tap Games.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/tiptapgames
Facebook: http://dld.bz/dYVd
iPhone News & Sales: www.gamesappetizer.com

codegit

The problem is that no matter what you give, LITE, FREE etc. If people DO NOT know about the EXISTENCE of the app they will simply not download it. That is why it is so important to get a review. Unfortunately, most people that download a game first look for reviews and THEN make a decision. This is my opinion, the review sites are almost acting like a filter to the thousands of games that are available. (This filtering is VERY important to gamers as they simply cannot search through all the thousands of games that are available)  So it is very easy for good games to get buried and crap games to sell. I suspect that if you pay for advertising you will get a review, otherwise you are shafted. The impulsive buying trend that happened in the early days of the iPhone has gone. The user is now totally spoilt for choice and will hunt around before spending his $0.99c (LOL) The solution, somehow is to be able to control your own reviews so that gamers get to know about good games that are not obscured by the crap that sometimes appear on the review sites, simply because those developers have big budgets to advertise. I think if gamers were guaranteed that the reviews are honest and not influenced by money they would be more that happy to accept the reviews.  =D
------------------------------------------
1 X Acer TravelMate 4270, laptop, XP PRO
1 X Dell Studio 17 laptop, Windows 7
1 X MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 9400M
2 X iTouch
1 X HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
iPad soon to be added

Kitty Hello

I do read the reviws on the app store, and I tend to ignore all the 5* ones, because they might be fake. Especially the 1* ratings offer valuable information. Sometimes they complain about stuff where you say "who cares", but sometimes it's like "Whow good to know, I won't buy".

Hatonastick

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2009-Nov-17
Quote from: codegit on 2009-Nov-17
It is a pity that we did not have our own web site where we could do our own reviews.   :booze:  ;) ;) ;)

Should we start one?
That is a very interesting idea...

codegit

Quote from: Hatonastick on 2009-Nov-18
Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2009-Nov-17
Quote from: codegit on 2009-Nov-17
It is a pity that we did not have our own web site where we could do our own reviews.   :booze:  ;) ;) ;)

Should we start one?
That is a very interesting idea...

Yes, then its developers in charge of their own destiny. At the moment it's greedy marketing men deciding the fate of our games.
:rtfm:
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

codegit

Here is an example of what I am talking about. I just received this reply from one of the "Reviewers"

"Thank you for submitting your application for review.

We have a very extensive backlog in our review queue and we unfortunately cannot review every app we receive.  We do recommend you checking out our affordable advertising options for your app, for as little as $199/month:"

It is quite obvious from this reply that if I pay for advertising of $199 they will give me a review. This is actually blackmail.  :rant:

I only wish we can take the power away from these people.  :rtfm:
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

Moru

Well, there is a lot of apps to be reviewed, ofcourse someone sees a way of making money just as you see a way of making money :-)

codegit

Quote from: Moru on 2009-Nov-18
Well, there is a lot of apps to be reviewed, ofcourse someone sees a way of making money just as you see a way of making money :-)

I agree, everybody is just trying to make a buck and that is how the world works. But my point is that the market is going to be dominated once again by the big players. The iPhone arena was still one of the few places an indie could make some money. This is now slowly going away. (My opinion only)  :(
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

Kitty Hello

So, what do you think? A BLOG software or what should we use?

codegit

I think blog software would most probably work. It also should be able to hook up with twitter, myspace and facebook. This is a tall order but it might just give Indie guys a chance at this market. Gernot, do you agree with what is being said from your experience with Wumbo??  ALSO, I know how we can attract people/gamers to the site.  ;) ;) ;) ;)
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added