GP2X - GLBasic Competition 2007/2008 - THE RESULTS

Previous topic - Next topic

PeeJay

http://www.glbasic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1769

Though if you pootle off to my webby, you can download DM in Windoze, Linux and Mac flavours too, running at 640x480 (which was the native resolution of the graphics - they were scaled down for the GP2X, rather than the other way around)
www.peejays-remakes.co.uk
For games, remakes, and GL Basic Tutorials
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Ian Price

I released my entry ages ago in both GP2X and PC flavours (in one download).

http://www.iprice.remakes.org/stuff/Blox!.rar - you'll need to copy this into your browser from this site, it doesn't work just be clicking.

The pc version is identical to the GP2X (and is therefore small, but playable). Once I receive the full retail GLB, I'll be fixing a few bugettes and offering scaling (I did originally, but removed it - I can't remember why now though).
I came. I saw. I played.

mookmac

woo i didnt come last!! any chance of free copy of glbasic for all entrants to continue development? I'm a cash strapped student!

Thanks to anyone who tried my game, hopefully I can now go back and improve on it... :)

Simon Parzer

iprice: What you should really implement in the next version of your game is saving and loading of highscores (and maybe language selection). Really annoying if you pick up the game and want to improve on previous attempts only to see that everything has been reset to zero.

Ian Price

The game DOES save high-scores (at least it does on my GP2X and pc) and selecting language is a one click deal, but I can easily save preferences.
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Oh!? It didn't save progress for me, too. We have to see why it doesn't then.

AndyH

The GP2X and other goodies arrived today, having fun already... many thanks!

Ian Price

That was quick! Hopefully mine will arrive soon too. :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

You were on holidays when I sent Andy's stuff :P
My wife sent yours yesterday.

jbrodack

note to the game authors of this competition: be sure to let us no about any post compo updates to the games as I'm sure all these games will be even more fun with some more work done.

Ian Price

Hi Gernot

Just a quick note to say that the GP2X F200 and GLBasic CD arrived safely this a.m. (YAY!! :D), however there was no 4Gb SD card included in the package - did you forget to include it?

:)

[EDIT] I've just tried to install the full GLBasic SDK, but it still thinks it's the demo (I uninstalled the old version first). Can you email me the license code/instructions on activating the full version please Gernot iprice AT supantet DOT com (or just PM me at RetroRemakes.

Cheers
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Sorry, I was so busy these days, I almost forgot to put my head on.
I've sent you an email.

Ian Price

Hi Gernot, thanks for the email, but the license code doesn't appear to work I'm afraid :(

I've copied and pasted it both as it appears (over four lines) and as a long text string and as a string with spaces, all without success - GLB still says "Demo version. Please buy license"

:(
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Oh it does. I just tested.
Did you also copy/paste the email address belonging to that code?
Maybe added a space to the email?
Did you press the left button "Register now"?

Ian Price

I spotted the reason - GLBasic was using my usual email address - iprice AT supanet DOT com - your code was for my AOL addy. It's now sorted :)

Thanks Gernot.

YAY! :D
I came. I saw. I played.