Exporter for Blender 2.53

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

Hi, now I downloaded Blender in the last version Beta, the 2.53, and I don´t kwon how make start the plugin of Glbasic for Blender, the Exporter.
In the previous version it´s works fine, but in the last version I don´t know what foder put it this, or if not is compatible whit he last version.

I like to have this plugin working on the last version of Blender, basically for export animated meshes. Now Blender can import Collada and FBX, and can be very interesant export a animated or rigged Mesh from Max//Maya or someelse to Blender, and after export to gLbasic in .DDA/DDD. (sorry, exactly now I don´t remenber the correct extesion of the gLBasic plugin).

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Iván Jiménez.

mentalthink

HI, i´m autoreply, nobody know how install the glbasic exporter for blender, in the last version?¿, please if anybody have info about this, please comment, because I don´t took the correct folder or the correct method for make runs the plugins, perhaps not is compatible?¿, i don´t stay seure about this, I´m very newbie on Blender.

Best Regards.
Iván J

PS:
The fact for use the last version is for her UI, is beacuse is very similar to another comercial softwares than 3d studio MAX, and is more easy to learn blender, from begginging.

Billamu

I had a go at seeing if the exporter was compatible with Blender 2.53. I didn't have much luck. It threw up errors. I think we'll need to use 2.49b for the time being :(
I'm an Aries. I have lots of Ram.

Kitty Hello

oh noes. I'll try to fix that.

Did you select the mesh (one mesh, and the mesh only) when exporting?

mentalthink

HI, Billamu, thanks for your reply, well I think Gernnot make something for the new release of Blender.

Gernnot, thanks for reply again, not the problem not is the functionallity of exporter, so is the installation of the same, I tried to install and never appears on the exporter dialog, always appears the sames, extended X, Collada, etc, but own I say if you try to install on Blender, yes this accept the plugin, but don´t appears on the box dialog of exporter, I put a image of reference.
Well I think don´t have you to much hurry, because is a Blender Beta, and is after, when launching the release of Blender 2.5 don´t works, I think you has works the double.  :(

Best Regards, to both.

Iván J.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Billamu

Thanks Gernot. I was importing the script through Blender's text editor and running it from there.

The script shows a syntax error at line 47:
Code (glbasic) Select
except IOError, (errno, sterror)

I'm an Aries. I have lots of Ram.