Please help a complete noob with a vision...

Previous topic - Next topic

smayds

Quote from: bubbaman83You all STILL don't get it, you quote my posts but apparently you don't read them
That's quite untrue, we pay particular attention to your posts. In fact, when you said:

Quote from: bubbaman83I'M NOT EXPECTING ANYTHING OTHER THAN A "Thanks but no thanks" OR "Go away, we don't want you" OR SOMETHING OF THAT SORT FROM NINTENDO
you appear to have forgotten that:

Quote from: bubbaman83Nintendo and Sega have both sent emails to me pretty much asking me when I'll be able to work with them.
Seriously mate, thanks for this. I haven't had such a good laugh since the last dumbo decided he was going to use Klik'n'Play to write a game that'll run on a PS2. Keep 'em coming, Champ!

Genius

Quote from: bubbaman83.BTW You all STILL don't get it, you quote my posts but apparently you don't read them
No, no - I think the problem is that you change your tack and lie throughout each post.

Really, truly - don't lie to people if you want their help and assistance because the problem with a liar is they always, always get caught out.

You've been caught out.

But still, people answered your questions - then you throw it back in their faces calling them stupid. Thats more than a tad silly, don't you think? Lets weigh up a few facts here...

You lie... what have you got to gain?

Ah, utmost disrespect and an unwillingness for people to take you seriously thus making life more difficult for you.

You tell the truth... what have you got to gain?

Everything. Honesty will get you a whole lot further.  Backtracking 2 posts further down the same page which contains your previous lies is incredulous to say the very least. I can personally vouch for most of the people who've contributed to this thread as intelligent and helpful people - something born out of the fact that even amidst your blatant lies, they still offer you advice.

Trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes with things like the Quake 3 map which, for the record, is pretty much a standard map that people use when testing a 3d Engine (I believe its one of the free maps with Iirlicht for example) for the first time and so, is probably installed on a fair few peoples computer is plain idiocy. Then claiming to have never heard of one of the largest game franchises in the western world just makes you look an even bigger fool.

Its not worth it, is it? You could have come in here and asked for help and assistance and stayed truthful and avoided all of the mockery - but noooo, you had to be a prat about it.  I realise you're young, so there's still time for you to learn :)

QuoteI'M NOT EXPECTING ANYTHING OTHER THAN A "Thanks but no thanks" OR "Go away, we don't want you" OR SOMETHING OF THAT SORT FROM NINTENDO
Thats lucky, because you won't even get that. Best case scenario will be a stock email or letter as a courtesy reply :)

QuoteWell, seeya! I think thanks to you all, half my production team abandoned me!
And yet, you still can't stop making things up :)

Bless. Ah well, once again I wish you luck with your project and hope that at some point in the future you can stop lying and realise the value of honesty in this world and how useful a virtue it is.

Genius

Oh, and Gernot...

Has it started yet? Has it? :p

Kitty Hello

It has started and I am late...ohh nooooo! It has started! Ah. better....

Kitty Hello

bigsofty

Quote from: GernotFrischLast Message from Bubba :lol: :
http://www.glbasic.com/files/bubba.wmv
ROFL, very funny! :nw: :nw: :nw: :lol::lol::lol:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

mikiex

Thats great Gernot, you gotta put that on youtube
Its a great advert :)

Poor Bubba

Kitty Hello

I couldn't get youtube working. Propably because I have cookies disabled usually. I put it on googlevideo, though.

bubbaman83

Quote from: GernotFrischLast Message from Bubba :lol: :
http://www.glbasic.com/files/bubba.wmv
...*tears well up from laughter* dude, that was freaking hilarious!!!! But nothing like me, make the guy fatter and more nerdy like! If you want me to I'll post it on Youtube! That was the funniest thing in my life! Oh man, I've never had people care enough to make a video of me! BTW, make it again and put forks in the guys hair (something I decided to do today at school). With that I leave you all, if the moderators can, freeze my accoun cuz I'm done. (Before y'all get picky, the spelling is bad cuz I'm in a hurry) well, seeya!

bubbaman83

I honestly have that thing playing over and over again! That is freaking hilarious!!!!! Oh man...oh yeah, not like y'all gonna beleive me but I only keep posting stupid stuff to keep you guys going. Look how it turned out! I get my own video!! Woot! Well, like I said, I'm done. Seeya!

Kitty Hello

Great to see you're not moping, mate.

bubbaman83

well, I was just having a bad.....er....week or so, so I just decided to temporarily use this board to blow off a little steam. Hey got a challenge for ya! Try to figure out where I just started lying to keep you guys rolling! BTW, I have a great idea for you guys to get more people using GLBasic (BTW, it's not that I can't figure out how to use the program it's more of the program never works on the computer I use), you should make an entire series of Bubba commercials! (one "m" or two?)

Kitty Hello

Great idea. I'm very short on time, could you do this please? I promise to host the videos here, then. Would look much more realistic then, too.

The GLBasic IDE does not work on your computer? Pretty strange, since it's working even back on NT4.0. What's the problem you get?

PS. "commercial". My English teacher gave me a simple rule of the thumb: If you're unsure, write it with 2 consonants.

bubbaman83

Yeah, I asked my English teacher too. Ok...The only possible problem is I might have to borrow a video camera from my friend or the school...I never have anything useful...Umm, I also had an idea for the forst video that I'm gonna do...We're gonna continue the concept of me being dumb or whatever (just cuz it's more funny that way)..It could have me using a program like DarkBASIC (cuz that one seems to work on my computer) and say that I'm testing a new program to see if it has the "power" to make the game I want. Then, on the computer, I type in something like:
"FUNCTION
Create awesome Game
ENDFUNCTION"
and when I get an error message, say that it doesn't have the power to make my game. You like?

bubbaman83

Oh yeah, it's not the OS that's stopping the program...It's some internal error. Whenever I download it (off your website no less) When I try to run it (yes after I reboot the system...a couple times) it says that some .dll file can't be found so it can't run or something....very confusing...oh well!