Please help a complete noob with a vision...

Previous topic - Next topic

Genius

Quote from: bubbaman83.....you really dont get it? none of you...youre all just....idiots aren't you? I posted this on the FRICKEN NINTENDO FRICKING SITE!!!! THEY LOVED IT INCLUDING THE MODERATORS!!!!!!!!! Does that not tell you it's a great idea?
You do realise that moderators on these sites aren't necessarily Nintendo staff, right?

They're usually fans who've been with the site from early on or have proved themselves sensible enough to have a little power given to them in the hope it doesn't go to their heads.

A bunch of people on a message board on the internet giving you the thumbs up means nada in the grand scheme of things.

Quotey'all are just stupid...you think just because you failed in the same area that I'm attempting means it's impossible. That's like telling somebody that it must be impossible to swim in the deep end of the pool just because you can't.
Woah horsey, woaaaaaaaaaah.

Nothings impossible. But man oh man, you gotta work for shit in this life unless you're a Big Brother contestant (and even then fame is fleeting).

Pointing out the harsh realities of life does not make one stupid, pretending they don't exist on the other hand - well thats Dualling Banjo's territory right there. You ever squealed like a pig?

QuoteWell, I can see that i'm not gonna get any help from you assholes.
Waddya want, blood?

QuoteDon't run before I can crawl? I've been crawling on my goddamn hands and knees for about a year now. I've mangaed to create a 2D Zelda from scratch using my own *love making* sprites.
Well done, you win a fruit.

Now get to college and do a game design course if you're serious, man.  Or devote the next few years to that learning sandwich I offered you earlier. Munch on the food of the learned... swallow the food of the learned...

QuoteAnd trust me, I can and will create a game so *love making* big Nintendo won't even be able to cope.
You go boy, don't come running back to me when a Cease & Desist lands on your doorstep.

QuoteWhen I learn something, It sticks in my head for all eternity. That's probably why Nintendo and Sega have both sent emails to me pretty much asking me when I'll be able to work with them. I think I'm gonna finish college first however.
Dude, I wish major corporations would come and beat down my door because I had an idea. I have a superb idea every half hour, but man - no-one ever emails me.

I guess I'm not in the top 95% though like you...

QuoteThe ONLY reason I said I was a noob and such is because I thought that you jerkoffs would be sympathetic to someone who was less talented than you. Guess what, looks like you simpletons are the ones who need sympathy from the more talented people. 95% huh? yeah, try 95% is the amount that AGREE that it's a good idea.
Our survey said... ur urrrr.

95% of whom, people you've asked? Is that 95% of the population? 95% of games designers? 95% of Nintendo staff or as I suspect... a few of your mates and the odd message board?

Or is it the case that 95% of statistics are made up and entirely fictional?

I'd love to live in your head dude, reality seems so far away - it must be nice.

Oh, and one of these so called simpletons you're referring to has managed to write his own programming language whilst you can't even use one. Oh, I'd kill to be that stupid - I really, really would.

QuoteBTW, you idiots decided that you were going to condemn something that you don't even know what it is? That is probably the MOST narrow minded thing I have ever heard. You didn't even bother to ask the storyline.
No-one condemned your idea, no one said "dude, thats a useless idea".

They all said you're going to have to work to make your idea a reality. And y'know? They're spot on. They're correct and no amount of swearing makes them any less right.

QuoteWhen I came to this site, I figured I would encounter a bunch of cool people who would be willing to help anyone in need. Looks like I found a buch of idiots whose brains are so small that all of them combined could fit up my goddamn ass!
Have you tried this? Should we be worried?

I mean, thats gotta be illegal putting brains up your backside, right?

QuoteWell, thanks a bunch and can't wait till you're out buying Legend of Zelda Starlight Key (which by the way is the name of the Zelda I created). And another thing, if you all think that I'm going to take advice from people who can't even spell realize right.
Some of the most wonderfully artistic people I've ever met in all my years on this planet have had poor literacy levels. Creativity and literacy do not go hand in hand, my friend.  You should learn to listen to those with sensible wisdom to impart and see through things like grammar and spelling.

Great art does not always come from the directions you expect it to.

And next month, next year or the year after when I don't see your game on the shelves in Wal-Mart, I'll shed a tear for what could have been beautiful if only someone hadn't mouthed off and attempted to alienate anyone who didn't bow down before the mighty one.

I wish you and your thirty man team the best of luck and I await a months time when you're epic is complete.

May the foundations of Nintendo crumble beneath your feet and collapse at your genius.

Genius

Quoteheheheheh...guess what? I got myself a 30 person production team right now...you wanna see how talented they are? here's a sample of their work:
http://www.zeldarealm.com/whitemage_test/final.exe
Dude, thats a Quake 3 map with a model of Link in it.

rocko

Quote from: bubbaman83Looks like I found a buch of idiots whose brains are so small that all of them combined could fit up my goddamn ass!
Sorry...that just makes a great quote. :D It's kinda like a power-up innit? Put the magic brains in your ass and you'll grow big and shoot fireballs.

Kitty Hello

Quote from: Genius
Quoteheheheheh...guess what? I got myself a 30 person production team right now...you wanna see how talented they are? here's a sample of their work:
Now, that is so impressive. You totally convinced me. You are one hell of a teriffic game programmer. Well and only 30 men for such a good work... Knocks me off my socks.

bubbaman83

Quote from: GernotFrisch
Quote from: Genius
Now, that is so impressive. You totally convinced me. You are one hell of a teriffic game programmer. Well and only 30 men for such a good work... Knocks me off my socks.
....heh...heheh...hahahahahahahahahaha! You guys are just too fricken hilarious! Oh my *love making* god! Whew! I've never laughed so hard in my life! Oh man that was good! "Almighty one"? Who ever said I was almighty? jeez! You guys take everything to the literal meaning don't you? Oh my god this is *love making* funny! I gotta keep coming back here just for the laughs! Genius huh? Well "Genius" I don't call making C++ simpler making your own programming code. I've used C++ I've used BASIC. I just didn't like the results. Glue? GLUE?!?! That is hilarious! ......well, class is about to start so I'm not gonna start with you but in case you care...yeah it's started...Quake? yeah, you realize, that was not the entire production team...that was one person....in his own free time which he does not have a lot of. No member of the production team has Quake....the most we have is Photoshop. We have no *love making* idea what Quake is. well, second bell just rung, got about a minute to get to 6th hour! Oh, by the way, on my website (no, it did not use a cheap page builder, I have completely masterd HTML and such) I'm adding a page with all kinds of goodies and shit for those of you who wanna find out what this "Legend of Zelda Starlight Key" is about. It should be up in a day or so. Until then, *love* off jackasses! Don't play with yourselves in front of electrical objects!

rocko

Quote from: bubbaman83Until then, *love* off jackasses! Don't play with yourselves in front of electrical objects!
You sound like somebody with a lot of soul, someone who could really craft a great story with wonderful themes.....I love your skilled use of language, keep it up. Great stuff!

Ishi

Quote from: bubbaman83We have no *love making* idea what Quake is.
That doesn't even deserve a comment. It's just funny.

Quote from: bubbaman83And another thing, if you all think that I'm going to take advice from people who can't even spell realize right.
Do you realise that sentence makes no grammatical sense? Also do you realise we spell it with a goddamned 's' in the UK?

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=65816&dict=CALD

Quote from: bubbaman83I got myself a 30 person production team right now...you wanna see how talented they are? here's a sample of their work:
Oh hang on..

Quote from: bubbaman83yeah, you realize, that was not the entire production team...that was one person....in his own free time which he does not have a lot of.
So, any reason you originally said "their" work? Oh, and apparently it'll be done in a month. Brilliant, can't wait. Always wanted to play a Zelda game using the Resi Evil forward/back/turn control scheme. ¬_¬

Something tells me I'll be going for the Wii version of Twilight Princess...

Kitty Hello

Wii is what best describes the results of 30 men like bubba. BTW: Wasn't bubba the chap from ForrestGump? With the shrimps? Man, was he clever!

rocko

Fried shrimp, baked shrimp, boiled shrimp, shrimp in teryaki sauce, kimchi with shrimp, shrimp raw

Oh
Yeah :D

mikiex

bubbaman,
I hope you realiSe one day how the world works.
People have offered you good advice and you throw it
back in their faces, you won't get anywhere the way you are acting.
Not here, not anywhere.

I have worked in commecial game development for 10years
so I have experience of the factors involved in making video games.

Gernot, I think you need some rules for the forum - swearing etc.
although please don't remove this thread, Its  funny

Kitty Hello

Good idea. Added censoring. Never had to do that before - thank you all for this. I'll never put this thread off. We are here to "help" people. Even if it's in social ways...

9572AD

It sounds to me like what you've got is a story.
A story has as much to do with a game as autumn trees have to do with a roadway:
They're both nice to have and can give an impetus to keep going if you're getting bored, but neither has any affect on your destination or the rules you obey to get there.

bubbaman83

w/e....I'm done..yes, bubba is the dude from forrest gump....it's also the nickname my parents gave me when I was 5...they still call me that even though I hate it....but w/e...I'm done, I got a lot of work to do if I wanna finish in time. I'll let you all know how production is going...BTW You all STILL don't get it, you quote my posts but apparently you don't read them, I'M NOT EXPECTING ANYTHING OTHER THAN A "Thanks but no thanks" OR "Go away, we don't want you" OR SOMETHING OF THAT SORT FROM NINTENDO. BTW, I live in Michigan.....realize is spelt with a z here. Figure out who you're talking to before you correct them. I apologize though for all UK people who decided never to tell me that realize is spelt realise there. Well, seeya! I think thanks to you all, half my production team abandoned me!

Ishi

Quote from: bubbaman83...yeah...I know, 30 person production team my butt....but we are getting stuff done. BTW, fighterj5 and lightwind, I was about to post this myself. This si sorta to show you how good you people are, and a warning (although I don't think yu need one since your so awesome) of how easily I lose my temper and what it looks like when I do lose it. So, for your veiwing pleasure, go there.
If we're gonna be picky..
Can't spell "is" either. Or "you". Or "viewing".