Linux

Previous topic - Next topic

jshart

I've started trying to figure out Linux, and use the GL-Basic Linux Projects->options->platform compile option but so far I've been unable to get anything to run under Linux. The compile seems to be okay, but I can't get the .exe to run under Linux even after insuring that the file has execute permissions. Is there any trick to this? Does the Linux version make a difference?

Also what is the "multi-platform " function do?

Thanks,
JS Hart

Kitty Hello

Try starting it from a console and read the output. Maybe you're missing a dependency library? What Linux do you have?
The multi-platform function creates (compiles) your program to another platform. So far, Linux and PocketPC/Smartphone are supported.

jshart

Where are the dependency libraries, and what should I have?

When I use the "build-multiplatfrom" option and select Linux, I get a .Linux file (but I still can't run it). This one may be about dependency libraries...

When I use set the "Project->Options->Platform Configuration" selection box to Linux, I still get a .exe which doesn't run under Windows or Linux.

What is the correct procedure for running GL-Basic under Windows, but compiling for Linux?

If there are additional Libraries I need for Linux where do I get them and where in the Linux directory structure do they go. Does this mean there is no way to build a "stand-alone" app for Linux?

I was using Linux 2.4 with the "Damn Small Linux" desktop, and also Linux 3.1 from the console.

Thanks,

J. S. Hart

Kitty Hello

Compiling for Linux:
Project Options: Select Linux and then select screensize and so on for the build.
Next Shift+F8 (build-Multiplatform).
Select Linux and go. It compiles a .linux binary.
Then you need to copy this and other files (smalfont.bmp e.g.) to your linux computer. Make the .linux file executable if not already done.
Make sure you have the libraries for libSDL and OpenGL. If e.g. Pinugs (the game) runs or tuxracer, GLBasic games should work, too.
You could try
Code (glbasic) Select
ldd mygame.linuxto see the list of libraries you need.