Playsound and volume

Previous topic - Next topic

Synthetic

I tried adjusting the volume on a sound but it didn't do anything. I used a range from .0 to 1 with no effect. I noticed that in the tutorial it had said that it only had two arguments, the file name and stereo position while the playsound in the commands list showed it had a third for volume. It also shows volume as an option at the bottom in the editor. Has this not been implemented yet? Also, will there be volume support for music?
"Impossible is a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit."

My AMXMODX plugins for Day of Defeat 1.3 can be found here.

Kitty Hello

The volume should work!? Volume for music is not implemented, yet - I'll see if it can be done. Would be nice to fade out music...

Synthetic

I just tried the playsound code in the samples folder to see if it would work. Panning is ok but still no change in volume. So I tried running it on my other computer but got the same results. Have you tested sound volume with DirectX 9.0c?

Edit:
I installed the SDK 3 Beta but got same results with this too.
"Impossible is a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit."

My AMXMODX plugins for Day of Defeat 1.3 can be found here.

Kitty Hello

Yep. Da war ein Bug 'drin. Ich hab's ausgebessert. Ein Internet-Update kommt gleich... Sorry.
Unter Linux hab ich's nicht getestet, sollte aber geh'n.

edit:
DID I ANSWER IN GERMAN!? Stupid me!
Yes, there was a bug. I fixed it, an internetu update is online. Sorry. Didn't test on Linux, shoud be fine, though...