Big File DDD

Previous topic - Next topic

Agny

No. The model should not consist completely of separate parts.

Kitty Hello

Make lower polys and reduce the number of animation frames before converting. Some porgrams write 100 frames, even if you only have one.

Agny

If to use lowpoly models and smaller animation frames that it is impossible to write worthy game!

Moru

Grafics is not the main thing in games, if it's not a good idea it's not going to be played anyway.

PeeJay

Quote from: AgnyIf to use lowpoly models and smaller animation frames that it is impossible to write worthy game!
I'm sure the author of Tetris wouldn't agree
www.peejays-remakes.co.uk
For games, remakes, and GL Basic Tutorials
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Kitty Hello

If you want your game big, then the data files are big. So what!?

Agny

Easy Grafics and the big files?

Sailormoon in *MD2  616KB :

http://polycount.com/models/quake2/sailormoon/

Sailormoon in  *DDD  2047KB

GLBasic -> Samples -> 3D -> Animation

Agny

Do not deceive itself. Players look on the grafics of game.

Kitty Hello

Then it's 2MB. Is that a problem?

Agny

You scoff ?

Kitty Hello

No, not at all. I mean - you complain that the ddd file is too big for complex models.
My reply was to use lower poly models. You said that's no option for professional games, and my point of view is that professional games can easily use bigger file sizes.
So, either live with the fact that ddd models of large animations might get big, or create your own 3D library using C++.

Agny

To write the libraries on OpenGL and C ++ to me it is very difficult. It is necessary to write the loader and the program for animation.

Then there is a question: What for GLBasic?
Then it is better to instal C ++ on a computer or C# and to study to write on it.

Ian Price

I think what Gernot is saying is that you can't have the penny and the bun.

Accept it for the way it is at the moment. Low poly models with small file sizes or models with large numbers of polys with huge file sizes.

I agree with Gernot - large poly models aren't always better than low poly models and they don't necessarily make a game better.
I came. I saw. I played.

Agny

The size of a file in a format *B3D (Blitz3D) - 1,7MB

http://rapidshare.com/files/112481039/FemaleB3d.rar.html

And in a format *DDD (GlBasic) - 12MB

In Blitz3D a file *B3D loading very fast, and in GlBasic loading *DDD very long.

It is the fact.

Schranz0r

Then use Blitz3D... :)
*.DDD is not a GLBasic format only!
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard