Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Announcements / Re: Manic Miner GLB
« Last post by Qedo on 2021-Aug-07 »
a nice job and thanks for the source, you are great   :booze:
ad maiora
GLBasic - en / Re: Pegasus and the Phantom Riders
« Last post by SnooPI on 2021-Aug-07 »
I confirm, it's a good idea, Joust was a very good game.
Its sequel, Joust 2, is less well known but seemed very good.
Maybe you could take some inspiration from it:

« Last post by bigsofty on 2021-Aug-07 »
Quality retro remake, real attention to detail and it feels like the real deal... well done!  :good:
« Last post by SnooPI on 2021-Aug-07 »
For a first try in platform games it's really very good.
I didn't know this game but your version seems very close to the original.
I liked the foot that crushes you when you lose  :)

Nice job Widget101  :good:

Off Topic / Re: DAW for game music
« Last post by bigsofty on 2021-Aug-06 »
Thanks Schranz0r, I'd forgotten about Reason. I'm still working my way through the various demos. So far Mixcraft is nice, simple to pickup. Waveform is great but it's very buggy with 3rd party VSTs. Reaper is also great but the interface is a bit clunky. I will try FL and Reason next. I am slowly coming to the conclusion that there may not be such a thing as the perfect DAW, the one with the least amount of usability compromises may be the "best" at the end of the day. Still it's a bit of fun window shopping all the same.
Announcements / Manic Miner GLB
« Last post by Widget101 on 2021-Aug-05 »
Hi All,

I've finished my GLB version of Manic Miner, linked below.(I say finished, it's probably a raw beta in real terms!)

Hadn't really intended to write it in the first place, it just grew from an article on crumbling platforms in Wireframe magazine. I've never coded a platformer before and it looked interesting.

I've attached a zip with the playable .exe and all the media but also put a copy of the GBAS file in the media folder if anyone is interested in looking through the code, pulling it apart, reusing, updating, correcting, laughing at it, etc.  ;)  (note its not refactored, so isn't efficient or streamlined!!)

Works for me without noticeable bugs but its not been extensively play-tested. Hope it works for you.

There's a readme in the folder which give a bit more detail, if you're interested.

Cheers,

Steve.
« Last post by Schranz0r on 2021-Aug-05 »
Is this the one you use Schranz0r?

No, i use Reason from Reason Studios (former Propellerhead).
But Fruityloops is also a nice place to start with. (Tons of tutorials!)
« Last post by bigsofty on 2021-Aug-04 »
Some excellent suggestions but I may go a more comercial route.

Looking at Tacktion Waveform, Mixcraft or Reaper. Thinking of maybe using one for non-game music too but its too early to invest in the big boys(Cubase, Ableton etc.)  :S
« Last post by spacefractal on 2021-Aug-04 »
im used flstudio, mostly with older version like version 11, because im is fan of block patteren and the newer version changed all shortcut. anyway you can download any older and newer version from thier homepage. so its not a problemo what version you ends using.

Recetnly im have do used Vortex Tracker 2.5 for doing various AY based music.

But there is various dac and no one is perfect. So its taste in mind.
GLBasic - en / Re: Pegasus and the Phantom Riders
« Last post by spacefractal on 2021-Aug-04 »
that is a nice idea. :-D
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]