Battle Cards

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemlos

Looks like the game i played as a child, "War"

difference: when you get 2 alike value cards "War", you place 3 down and flip them till a winner is found..winner takes all the cards in the "War".

Id like to try this game Ian, but i dont see a link to it anywhere. Is it published yet?

PS if you like making one player games, this card system you have would be pretty cool in a "Solitaire" card game.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Hatonastick

I've got an old card game along the same lines (pretty much a packaged version of War I guess) called Star Trump by Waddingtons.  It's erm fairly old (1978).  My deck has a number of ships from the British navy.  The stats of each ship is used instead of the suit and value of a normal deck of cards, although in this case I think you get to choose which stat to use when comparing two cards.  I think the Star Trump card trumps all others too.  In this case it's the HMS Resolution, Submarine Polaris Class. :)

Ian Price

I've not heard of the game "War" before - I'll have a look for that one. Sounds a bit less strategic than Battle Cards (seems more random - at least you can choose categories in BC), but it could be a game I could include as part of a larger package :) There are several Patience card games that I'd like to do and put them all in one package for the Wiz. The screen might be a tad small for some of them, but I'd like to give it a try...

I've not actually released the game yet, hence no link. But I will do soon, hopefully in the next couple of days. :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Hatonastick

This is one variant, my board/card game books have two other variants.  It's basically a children's card game as it's very simple and all luck.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_(card_game)

Ian Price

I think I'll give that a go at some point :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Hatonastick

Hows this progressing btw? :)  Or you working on something else now?

Ian Price

I've been mainly working on non-computer related stuff. Especially carpentry type things, like replacing the roof, door and window on my garage. And an interior door frame that my dogs ate their way through when they were pups. And a wooden archway. Then my wife decides it'd be a nice idea to buy a large pond. Not one you simply dig a hole for, but a raised pond. With a solid liner and wooden frame that muggins has to construct. And decorating. And looking after my son during the school summer hols. And working in my proper job.

Progress is going about as well as can be expected :P
I came. I saw. I played.

Hatonastick

So you not only have a real job, you have a real life too!  :good:  I've heard they exist.  I think I've even seen the commercials.  =D

Ian Price

So this is that thing called life? Bugger! I was hoping for something a bit more relaxing :P

As for the wife,  I should trade her in for a newer model - I've had her for 17 years now, although she is incredibly reliable and economically sound.
I came. I saw. I played.

Ian Price

That's a good point and one that's well made :D
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

never touch a running system...

PeeJay

Though if you have had her for 17 years, at least you can benefit from the scrappage scheme ..... =D
www.peejays-remakes.co.uk
For games, remakes, and GL Basic Tutorials
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Ian Price

She's worth a tad more than ?2000 though. Just :P
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

She'd go unconscious from all these flatteries ;)

Ian Price

I'd be unconscious if she knew about these flatteries!
I came. I saw. I played.