Red Wizard Island

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

mightbeen the game should only supports tables based devices? Its does look extremely awesome.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

r0ber7

Quote from: mentalthink on 2013-Dec-19I hope someday play to the ended Game, I think in this game for arrives to the ending will be a lot of time playing it , for now I look a lot fo stages, Continue it, please...  :nw: :nw:.

I hope someday to finish it. :) The game will probably have four worlds: a "green grass" world, an iceworld, a forestworld, and an underworld. But this could change, if my ideas change. This is the boss for the underworld.

A lot of things that used to work, don't work anymore right now. The bird, and two spells for example. I updated the shield spell, did some work on collision detection. I would also like to fix any system-specific issues, as well as the menu, loading screens, etc.

Quote from: erico on 2013-Dec-19
Great video! Bosses are the thing!

:D I know, I'm really happy with how this one turned out. Still working on him, will post the end result. Bosses are also a lot of work if you want to make them a little intelligent.

Right now this boss uses way too much CPU, it makes my laptop heat up. I think it's probably all the calls to ATAN() and SQR() in the physics functions. I'm thinking about writing my own ATAN & SQR objects, using precaching of common calculations, combined with a fast searching algorithm.

Quote from: spacefractal on 2013-Dec-19
mightbeen the game should only supports tables based devices? Its does look extremely awesome.

I'm not sure what you mean by tables based devices. I think erico was referring to Grafx2, not my game. But thanks. :)

MrPlow

have to download now and have a go! ;-) Amiga !!!
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

r0ber7

I don't know if the old build is still up. Working on some bugs recently.

r0ber7

Ok, I'm working on things... Moving everything to a new system & doing endboss graphics.

Getting this:

*** Unhandled exception ***
   EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Where should I begin to look? It's a lot of code and I can't remember how I fixed these errors in the past. I think it's something with a pointer pointing to nothing? Could it be caused by missing files?  :blink:

Edit: never mind, was caused by VirtualBox: http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=6497.msg52209#msg52209

r0ber7

Ok, so I've started doing things on this again. My intention is to do something every day, even if it is very little. A lot of little things make a big thing. It will be a while until I can show you the new stuff, I just wanted to say I'm on it. For all you guys who are still enthusiastic about this, thank you, you reminded me I want to make this.  :) So I will be updating this thread more often, but when I'm not working on art there's not that much to show you know. Lots of the bugs there were have been removed now.

Ian Price

May continued interest be on your side :)

We look forward to any progress.
I came. I saw. I played.

Schranz0r

:|

finish this game!
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

matchy

Take it easy on him. It's been 2 and a half years and maybe more time is needed for very informative updates.  :D

backslider

r0ber7

Final boss frames. Man, pixels.

erico

Yeah! hail the snakes! :good:

You pixelling process is pretty great too!
Where is a video of it in action? ::)

spacefractal

more snakes =D  :good:
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

mentalthink

WOW!!! the Sprite it's fantastic, you have very high skills doing Pixel Art, very very good this "model"...

About finish the game making little things every day, it's what I'm doing from sometime ago, don't waste all my day working in the game, and now I go more faster... I think too much hours only saturate myself.

I'm waiting this development... Only a think r0bert7, the playgame how many hours will be, beacuse you put some videos and the Stage are really long more than 10 min each....

I love this Snake...   <3

r0ber7

Thanks all. :)

Quote from: erico on 2014-May-13
Where is a video of it in action? ::)

Coming up, slight code adjustments necessary. :)

Quote from: mentalthink on 2014-May-13
the playgame how many hours will be, beacuse you put some videos and the Stage are really long more than 10 min each....

Depends, I'm thinking short levels, but a lot of them.