"Karma Miwa" for iOS, Android, Ouya (released), homeage for Snokie.

Previous topic - Next topic

kanonet

Im no artist, but I think the turtle needs to be a it more flat drawn, to fit the style of the rest. But its a nice friend you got there. :good:
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

erico

You are right Kanonet, it looks way too 3d for the rest of art. The Owl kind might look similar.
I think the back of the turtle needs a color ramp map to solve it.
Will look into it as I try to finish the other objects first.

spacefractal

but something that can been tunned when rest of the sprites have been made (so im can send rest of the describtion for sound to BeatScribe, im have pay a bit more and then still have 20sfx left, which im property not uses them all).

Here is currectly the menu (which im looked on the logo using CS2 Bleending, which could been a bit better, but still much better than the Black logo):

Yes the birds will place closer to the sun, if the screen size is 4:3 (iPad) and they got Terry and Miwa as bird names =D
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

spacefractal

or well a lots of fun screenshots is gone after the database crash. im liked the 2bit version of the fish, hehe.

Also today im have just uploaded a v1.1 binary to iTunes Connect, but im do wait to upload to Google Play until iOS versionen of v1.1 is ready and approved.

Here is one of the lastest update.... a snake:

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

The 2-bit attack fish is back...can you picture all the color clash from the backgroung? :good:

spacefractal

im home again after a few days trip. Im would love to do a another mini games with some of the animals, all using gameboy graphics  :good:, if we plans to do a another little game with reuses the sprites in a new way.

spacefractal

those which missed this snake and other screenshots after the db lost, here is few screenshots of v1.2 (Just uploaded today, v1.1 have all enemies throught):

PS. oops. im forget to update the copyright, but the game was started in 2013, so that property why.... But im do not worry of course, hehe.

spacefractal

Sad news: Karma Miwa would been my last big project in Glbasic.

Why: GLbasic some annoying shortcomes in some areas. Most annoying shortcomes is too long compile times, and glbasic is too bound with c++. As its not moduleable is not a issue here. Glbasic its self is do still very excellents for beginners and still hightly recommended by me. Its no doubt!!!

Im countinue lurking here, and im still supports AndroidExtras for bug fixes and help (even Gernot never implemented my work for even easier). But im might not want to add new features to it by now. Property im do just need a break.

PS. THis is nothing against Gernot, he have did a pure excellent job :good:, but im hope a day its turns to Open Source model, something like Monkey X do (which im can reimplements its Gamecontroller supports again using a more official way, by route to the official commands).

Ian Price

That's sad news Alan, but needs must. Your work and help has been invaluable. Please do still lurk (and post, from time to time).

So what are you moving on to, coding wise? C#? Unity?
I came. I saw. I played.

Slydog

Come join the Unity Alliance! We're always recruiting. >:D

I started in Unity about a year ago.  It took about two weeks to convert my game, and that included creating some reusable common libraries.
Same as you, I just outgrew GLBasic, and found some things were driving me crazy, but mostly the language limitations (too 'Basic' ha).  And 3D features were lacking.

But it took me until recently (only working on my game a few hours a week, at most) to start 'getting' and understanding the Unity way of doing things (component based, way cool when you finally understand its power).  I started with UnityScript (JS) at first, since it was 'easier'.  Well, that was proved wrong, as I was constantly trying to figure out the exact syntax (google didn't help much as JavaScript isn't the same as UnityScript!).  US may be quicker to me now, once I figured every 'gotcha' out.  But C# is more transferable, more functionality, more 3rd party support (tools (Visual Studio), assets).

If you need any help, just PM me.  The first few months were frustrating!  GLBasic allows you to get started right away, with one source file, and get something dancing on the screen fairly quickly.  But jumping around the various panels in Unity, and figuring out its nuances took great patience.

I would still recommend GLBasic, but depending on who's asking.  My nephew uses it, and it is powerful enough where it will be awhile before he outgrows it.  GLBasic's strengths are its simplicity - anyone can get into coding very easily.  It's extremely multi-platform.  I may still use it to prototype a game concept, or gameplay technique.  Hate to waste all this knowledge!

I still lurk around here.  I hope it's not getting creepy! :whistle:
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

spacefractal

Dont worry, im not leave here at all, because im like the guys here.

Im also need to help Erico with his game, which is for me really the highest priotity now. This due he have helped me so much, so im need to help back to him again what he might need. This is my top priotity glbasic really right now (even its not directly mine).

Im will do a little AE update to fix the Screen dimmer issue, which is just a stupid issue. But some of the AE can do easely to been implented in Monkey X and even in a more official way (its GameController is quite bad).

So glbasic is still cool for various thing, its depend on Project. Glbasic is cool for games like MrPlow and Ian create. Here glbasic cant been a better choices at all. So if im do something with glbasic again, its would been a much smaller project, so its fun again. So im lurk here of course and posting :good:-

PS. This weekend im porting FaceCat to Monkey X (due its was created in BlitzMax). Its was a FaceCapture Project which soon to been needed again in a project.

MrPlow

Really sorry to see you go, your help has been invaluable but glad your sticking around on the forums to help the rest of us!

:booze: 
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

spacefractal

im do :-D. Im do not plans to port those two games to other languages. Its require a bit of fair of reorganizing.

Im will still help and keep posting. So dont worry.

Im just wont to start new project soon and dedicated to break me from glbasic (im havent worked on the race game quite in while anyway). Glbasic cant do anything. Compiler speed (for Windows) is my main concern really.

So im do some time in future looking for Amazon Appstore for both games and the spinoff Greedy Mouse game.

erico

Thanks for all Space! :good:

I think you just need a quick vacation and all will be fine ;)
Promoting Karma Miwa is a good thing to do these days.
I finally saw an atari 800 version of the remade game, looks really great and could use that on trailer to help bring the old school and cause some impact.

I´m still in-between houses, hopefully now in a week I´m all set again and things can advance.
Damn world cup getting on the way.

spacefractal

Im still looking around what im will do. Im have dedicated im wont do a big projects like Greedy Mouse or Karma Miwa in glbasic again, due slow compiler. BUT im do might and do still do a smaller projects instead. Those can also been fun as well.

So Spot Race is cancelled, but will reuse the style and background to retool it to been a pair game instead later (still in glbasic, its a much "shorter" with much less graphics required, so compiler here would not been a issue). Not first time im do cancelled and change direction to a project (this was happens with Greedy Mouse eailer).

Im played snokie very much as a kid on C64, which is that version im had. cant remember im completed it or not. But also the Atari 800 version is a bit slower, but im do like that version too (But want to have a binary for it). Atari 800 seen to been a bit slower, but does not impact gameplay.

Bear in mind, this is a unofficial remake. But you right, we should uses a image from that game to mind people where the game came from.