INPUT magazine

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

It's great looking through catalogues like that - brings back so many memories about the games you played and the ones you wanted. It also shows games that you never knew about, but wish you did.

:)
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

Exactly, it is also super inspiring. :good:

Ian Price

Quote from: erico on 2014-Jan-27
Exactly, it is also super inspiring. :good:
It is - I saw one game on there that I'd never heard about and now want to remake it for a modern audience. Lots to do first, but I'll definitely be keeping it in mind.
I came. I saw. I played.

fuzzy70

It wouldn't be "Electro Freddy" that Mr. T is referring about would it?

http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=795

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Ian Price

It certainly looks like it could be. YouTube vids shows a conveyor at the bottom of the screen.

I came. I saw. I played.

fuzzy70

Was a lucky Google search for "Amstrad CPC conveyor belt boxes game" if it is the right game  :D

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

MrTAToad

It does look like the right one - I only every played the game in shades of green :)

Well done for finding it.   :nw:

Now, how are you on Atari ST PD game finding ? :)

Those catalogues are indeed good - especially for ideas!

fuzzy70

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2014-Jan-27

Better than average. I seem to have a knack of finding info etc on 8bit/16bit software (including PD), shame I don't have so much luck on finding what I want on more current systems/architectures  :D.

What are you after?, I will have a rummage

Lee

edit:
Greenscreen version may jog your memory  =D
- "These go to eleven."

MrTAToad

Ah - just found it.  It's called World Conquest (a turn-based, multi-player strategy game, which had one slight flaw : It was very buggy) :

Been wondering about this for years :)

fuzzy70

Found it in my collection & just fired it up. Not one I got round to playing tbh, but then again although I had an ST (or few) I used it mainly for music & done everything else on my Amigas.

Lee
- "These go to eleven."

MrTAToad

It could have been a good game, if it had been stable.

The only  thing I would like to know is if my Walker II game ever reached the PD house I sent it too - unfortunately it'll be something I will never know...

fuzzy70

It could have been a good game, if it had been stable.

The only  thing I would like to know is if my Walker II game ever reached the PD house I sent it too - unfortunately it'll be something I will never know...

I presume you mean this
QuoteWalker2    ^ This is by Nicholas Kingsley and seems like a good game.
                   Lots of instructions, but he forgets to mention exactly
                   what you're trying to do and how you do it!

from http://www.apdl.co.uk/library/games.txt

Lee

BTW hope you have a good 40th Birthday  :booze: :booze: :booze:
- "These go to eleven."

MrTAToad

That was the Archimedies version - still got the full page scan of that :)

It is (so far) the first and only review of one of my games...

MrPlow

Ahh the old Public Domain!! I had about 1000 PD disks for  Amiga back in the day...I used to sell copies by mail order...lol!

It does look like the right one - I only every played the game in shades of green :)

Well done for finding it.   :nw:

Those catalogues are indeed good - especially for ideas!
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

MrTAToad

I used to get a lot from the BinaryZone PD place for my C64 (and sent my games to there as well) - the person running it was efficient.

My ones are available at gamebase64.com now

Never bother with the Amiga nor the Archimedes (as the internet had arrived :) )