iTouch Review

Previous topic - Next topic

codegit

Fjsantos

Some VERY good advice, thank you. Some of it I am already busy with, other bits I will definitely start working on.  :good:

By the way your game looks awesome, did you make reasonable sales with it, or was it below expectation??
------------------------------------------
1 X Acer TravelMate 4270, laptop, XP PRO
1 X Dell Studio 17 laptop, Windows 7
1 X MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 9400M
2 X iTouch
1 X HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
iPad soon to be added

fjsantosb

Hi there,
I think they are more or less reasonable by now.
In about 23 days that is in appstore, i sold about 550 copies
But honestly, my expects were a little higher, although i dont complain!

Thanks for your comment, your game seems cool too!

King regards, fjsantos.
Francisco Santos Belmonte founder of Tip Tap Games.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/tiptapgames
Facebook: http://dld.bz/dYVd
iPhone News & Sales: www.gamesappetizer.com

Kitty Hello

fj - how many did you sell? So far I solt 12 (twelve) versions of Wumbo :s

fjsantosb

Hi Gernot,

I have sold about 550 copies so far,

It's extrange that you have only sold so few, because i try Wumbo, and i think its a solid and very enjoyable product.

Did you promote your application in any place? Did you select corrects / good keywords to help to find your application thorugh AppStore? (a bit of SEO Work here). Did you start any campain of any type?

King Regards, fjsantos.

Kitty Hello

I wrote to some review sites, but none wanted to bother testing. Wait - yesterday I bought ad space on appgirlreviews.com and suddenly they posted a review.
Did you advertise?

mykyl66

I have regularly read that paying for adverts is a waste of money. Posting to forums and keeping in touch apparently is the biggest advert for any application up for sale.

Mike R

Moru

There are adverticement firms that specialize in this, they hire young people that talk to other youth in chatpages, facebook, twitter and so on. And they certainly don't tell anyone they are working for an adverticement firm :-) At least we have plenty of those here in Sweden, not sure about other countries?

mykyl66

Interesting. Not heard of those. Then again I have a big enough family that should cover the earth with verbal and facebook etc adverts. :) Oh the joys of huge families. ahem.

Mike R

Kitty Hello

Moru - do you have any links for that?

codegit

It is a pity that we did not have our own web site where we could do our own reviews.   :booze:  ;) ;) ;)
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

fjsantosb

Hi,

I use google adwords for a week for advertising. My campaign was very clear, GameType, Style and price, with url to buy directly. I segmented for age (i found that man between 24 to 36 was perfect age for buying), country (only USA), and the campaign was exclusive for mobile devices (iphone mainly).
Adwords sells mainly clicks (about 5 - 9 clicks is 1 €), so my cost during this week was 5€ for day.
My statics was about 200 impressions 1 click.

But i couldn't find any significant improve on sales compared with rest of days (well, maybe 2 or 3 sales more each day), so campaign balance was negative.
I didn't try any advertising, in general lines i read that don't improve sales generally.

My other 'campaigns' was, as mentioned before, in forums, mainly, twitter, facebook, myspace and youtube channel and video.
I felt lucky when Apple decided to featured my game in new and noteworthy section, and it boost my sales without doubt!

About reviews, i get the same as you and other indie developers who haven't a name in market, only silence... Others, wants money in exchange of a review, and only a few did it for free.

It's interesting what Moru talks about, any information on that?

Can i suggest a place, here in forums, for developers exclusively, to share ideas, experience, and 'tricks' of iphone market?

Kitty Hello

Quote from: codegit on 2009-Nov-17
It is a pity that we did not have our own web site where we could do our own reviews.   :booze:  ;) ;) ;)

Should we start one?

codegit

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2009-Nov-17
Quote from: codegit on 2009-Nov-17

Should we start one?

Yes. Then we dont have to beg for reviews.  =D
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

fjsantosb

Good Point here!

matchy