Windows 10

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

So, who has reserved their copy of Windows 10 ?  I got the free upgrade reservation request today (its nice to know that you can still get it even with OEM versions of Windows 8).  Just need to wait until the end of July now!

At least all hardware and software seems to be compatible, with the exception of VMPlayer.

Has anyone tried GLBasic on Windows 10 ?

Ooh - seem to have Google plus and Tweet buttons now...

Fabbio

1x reserviert
4x noch offen, wird aber in den nächsten Tagen noch reserviert.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

bigsofty

I'm hanging back, my main concern is wether MS goes for a walled garden approach for installing software. Hopefully not but it's a worry.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

Quote from: Fabbio on 2015-Jun-02
1x reserviert

I've got two more to reserve, although one I am trying to sell...

erico

Here I´m not sure I´m going to install it right away.
Every time I jump up windows my hardware becomes slower then last iteration, so I may wait a while till at least I can buy more memory.

D2O

Quote from: TheMapChap on 2015-Jun-02
Quote from: Fabbio on 2015-Jun-02
1x reserviert

I've got two more to reserve, although one I am trying to sell...
Jepp,
1 for my PC
1 for my Thinkpad
daughter
son
woman
I7 2600K; 8 GB RAM ; Win10 Pro x64 | NVidia GTX 750 TI 2048MB ; Realtec OnBoard Sound;
Lenovo ThinkPad T400: XP Pro
GLB Premium-immer Aktuell

Ian Price

I think I'll wait until the unknown bugs are sorted first. Wait for the moaning to die down and then jump in if all seems well.
I came. I saw. I played.

Moru

Good advice. Also, always skip every other windows-version. I wonder how that will work when they start with this "Windows as a service" thing... No, I think I stay with windows 7 for a while still.

mentalthink

I think I wait for a while to install, I'm using now Linux Mint and really if Ubuntu it's good this it's a rock, very stable hyper quick and GLbasic runs fine under Wine, the only problem it's you know , you can't compile for mobile device, but really win money in those markets it's every day more complex, I think Green Light can be my new target...

I always said I never change windows because runs fine, in fact Win 7 it's really good, but when you go to linux world, and see all the free app, you forget Windows quickly, I stay a lot of time with Windows for 3DS MAX, but you have alternativer too much better than Blender, modo or Maya in native mode, or LW and Cinema runs very pretty under Wine....

Always you can choose put VMWare or Virtual Box (both have support for DX9) and you can run a lot of App of windows without problem.

MrTAToad

All fair enough!  =D I just hope that app stability is better - it seems they corrupt very easily

Hemlos

Quote from: mentalthink on 2015-Jun-03

I always said I never change windows because runs fine, in fact Win 7 it's really good, but when you go to linux world, and see all the free app, you forget Windows quickly

i SOOOO badly wanted to give up on windows...forever.....but then i found a game (planetside 2) that i love more than all others....unfortunetly it wont run under linux mint using wine....it wont run without windows period. BLAH
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

MrTAToad

Unfortunately thats the way :(

kanonet

You could also try to setup a virtual machine, install windows inside it and use this to play your games. Performance penalty should not be to bad.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

spacefractal

except graphics drivers..... Which is often generics, not suited for games.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Youkaisan

The core NT version name of Windows 10 was changed to 10.0 (was 6.x before), which may be a little problem for system apps, but the rest are actually enhanced Windows 8.1...