GLBasic - The Source Code

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

First at all, im thinks im will start from Gernot original post (im hope its ok with you Gernot):

Hi,

since I'm really stuck with the arm64 compilers for iOS and other issues are left open where I can't find the time to fix them, I want you to know that I changed my mind.

I will release the source code of GLBasics libraries, so you can mess with them as you want. It is a lot of work to get it running on other than my PCs, but I made quite a good progress, already.
I also have to see what license to pick for this. You will also see the GLBasic licensing model and be able to generate license keys - I think there is no way to protect it any longer, but it would be unfair to no longer support GLBasis as I did the last decade and leave you at an dead end.

Feel free to post some ideas that spring to your mind, so I can consider them in this process.

My plan is to release a zip file of all you need. If you make changes, you can email them to me and I can resubstiture them and release new zips every now and then. (With a changelog).

I'm so sorry that the support you were used to is no longer possible in full exceeds. I will tell you about all this later - when I find a bit more time...

And for few days ago he have zipped anything down and uploade the to the server in the Bonus forum. The source code is over 3gb zip, but when all tools is removed, its can been under 50mb.

We are now consider which license to been used (which im personally newer will touch that code), where to place the Source Code, and we still want Gernot to mainstream full control over Source Code to him (he have done a GREAT job).

We also search for more developers to join and help Gernot, so glBasic can been even better, mostly focus to ficing bugs etc.

In the final im do have to say thank you, Gernot!!!
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

spacefractal

Im will personally uses the Source Code to doing Android Extras integrated in a better way, as well trying to setup a xCode project for iOS on the Mac for the 64bit iOS support. The xCode project will do take some time throught. Im will post the xCode in the new Source Code forum for those which have a Community Developer status (or better).

All my code can also free to been used and also eventuely to been official included by Gernot.

To any admin, fell free to edit the post and thread eventuelly. Im got asked to create that thread.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Schranz0r

good posts :)

If anyone like to join the Developer Team, send me a PM!
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Alex_R

Thank you guys for your efforts! Unfortunately my skills in development in C or others are too low (not GLbasic which is very easy  =D). But if there is something that I can help you, count on me!! Long live to GLBasic!!

MrPlow

Quote from: Alex_R on 2014-Nov-07
Thank you guys for your efforts! Unfortunately my skills in development in C or others are too low (not GLbasic which is very easy  =D). But if there is something that I can help you, count on me!! Long live to GLBasic!!

I second that!
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Schranz0r

We definitely need some Helpwriters / Translators, too!

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Ian Price

I can't translate or help with coding (I haven't touched C++ on over 20 years), but I'd be happy to help wherever I can.
I came. I saw. I played.

nabz32

I could also do some C++ stuff if I have enough time.
Interesting thing to look inside the GLBasic Sources.

Youkaisan

I can translate to Chines and Japanese, if you have the interest I may be able to bind FreeType and partial UTF8 Rendering on Win32 and Linux, due to my limited platforms, but I think it's a good addon for GLB.

Gregor_51

And for few days ago he have zipped anything down and uploade the to the server in the Bonus forum.
How to get to this forum?

Schranz0r

PC:

Gregor_51

I thought I just had with entering my question in this forum.
So: if I haven't I will do it now:
How? Where?
I just want to know if I might be of any help and that I'll know when I see the code, the language it's written in and the way it's written.

spacefractal

ask Schranz0r or Gernot. Source Code is in Bonus as well in Dev Source Code forum.

The Source Code is wrote in C++ and is for Premium users and its well wrote really.

fuzzy70

If you don't know much C++ like myself then seriously avoid the source code as it will scare the life out of you   :D

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

spacefractal

Actually I'm are not so much experience either, but Xcode is well explained to errors and his code is nice wrote and does not need to do understand anything. So that why I'm trying and have do some progress to compile to do Xcode.

Later as I'm previous wrote I'm look how to ae easier. Again it's more look how the code have been generated and use that.

Most annoying part is defines and settings.