Viking Raiders - beta 1.6.3

Previous topic - Next topic

kanonet

CLEARSCREEN -1 and you wanto get black screen.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

MrPlow

Quote from: Ian Price on 2013-Aug-31
SHOWSCREEN will only display whatever is happening within that loop, if it's not displaying anything then whatever you're drawing is not in that loop.

Can you share the bit of code to show us what you are doing?

Ahh, I see ... Within current loop ... Making sense now what was happening
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

MrPlow

NEW VERSION up above 1.2

Some fixes and updates

Enjoy
Comp:

Ian Price

Finally had a chance to have a go with this beta.

It seems to play much more fluidly now; it all seems smoother and faster. The addition of the extra text (skip, prices etc.) helps the game immensely. Is it me or have you made the enemy harder? I had half a dozen battles and didn't win any. Also I'm sure that my catapults weren't in a valid direction when they all got pumelled. I know the computer has unlimited firing range, but only to the standard 8 directions. Hmmmmm...

Boats don't seem to leave vikings swimming and the enemy doesn't go skinny-dipping either (shame! :P).

And I can exit without using Task Manager! ;) :P

Excellent. Just need the treasure chests and drinking horns now.  :booze:  :good:
I came. I saw. I played.

MrPlow

Hope you like the most recent changes!

Quote from: Ian Price on 2013-Sep-08
Finally had a chance to have a go with this beta.

It seems to play much more fluidly now; it all seems smoother and faster. The addition of the extra text (skip, prices etc.) helps the game immensely. Is it me or have you made the enemy harder? I had half a dozen battles and didn't win any. Also I'm sure that my catapults weren't in a valid direction when they all got pumelled. I know the computer has unlimited firing range, but only to the standard 8 directions. Hmmmmm...

Boats don't seem to leave vikings swimming and the enemy doesn't go skinny-dipping either (shame! :P).

And I can exit without using Task Manager! ;) :P

Excellent. Just need the treasure chests and drinking horns now.  :booze:  :good:
Comp:

Ian Price

Grabbed, but Lord knows when I'll have a chance to test it. Cheers though :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Jonás Perusquía

I LOVE IT :D

A more flexible menu would be nice, for example, using the mouse to select options, but really impressive!
<HTML><BASIC><EC>
Be free and do good things

MrPlow

Thanks Jonas,

I am in the process of converting the control system to FULL point and click!
Then I am looking at an Android version

:)

Comp:

Ian Price

Still haven't played the last version yet. :(

Must get around to it soon.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrPlow

Hoping to add some new gameplay features down the line...
:booze:
Comp:

MrPlow

Its come along way since the start....

New graphics / music / UI controls / menus etc...

Out on itch.io and should be on indiecity in a day or two...

Android version ... finishing touches... should be on Android any day too...

Many thanks to Ian, Space Fractal, and the rest of you guys for testing and giving feedback!!  :good:

Comp:

spacefractal

please do not turn of the mouse when its in windowed mode. The music seen missing in windows version, but fun to see the AI playing with its self hehe. Sound sound like Atari 2600, but its well selected and defined sound. Cool.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Thanks SF!

There is music in the most recent versions - I think that version has very quiet music (low volume) in background of me on guitar...loL!

The most recent version using beatscribes music.

I will send you a DL code.

G.
Comp:

spacefractal

Im would like to hear the music (either windows or macos). Just don't remove mouse point if not full screen, it's quite annoying.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/