Possible to compile for Mac Store?

Previous topic - Next topic

mrplant

Hi just a query.
Does anybody know..

In theory, if you compile your app and it is for the Mac - is it possible using the GLBasic system to get that app approved by Apple and upload the finished app to the Apple Mac Store?
I am not a registered Mac Developer at present so would like to know the answer first..

Anybody out there got a GLBasic app in the Apple Mac Store at present?

As I understand it there might be a problem the way GLBasic compiles the Mac binaries at present - correct? It does it outside of Xcode is what I am referring to - and as far as I know you need to use Xcode to submit to the app store now?

I know all this works with iOS and the App Store there but I am on specifically about the Mac Store..

Thanks.

MrTAToad

I believe as long as you compile for Intel, its okay.  Gernot, I believe has one of his games there.

Kitty Hello

mrplant

How did you get the App submitted for the Mac Store?
I mean.. application loader does not seem to like the binaries produced by GLBasic - Is there a missing step here?

It doesn't seem to recognise the produced files as valid.
Shouldn't GLBasic produce an Xcode project so it can be signed the current way the iPhone apps get compiled by GLBasic?

ampos

Gernot, another $99 for Apple to be on MacStore?
check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE

mrplant

yep the $99 fee is an additional fee payable yearly.

Neurox

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2012-Feb-22
YES!!! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tooyan/id424248700?mt=12

how do you solved the problem of drm ?
or
How to solve the problem of copy protection ?
Paolo Borzini | paolo@borzini.it
The WhiteFly Software | www.thewhitefly.it
Service on line for screen printers | www.4pellicole.it

MrTAToad

There is an on-going discussion about that in the English forums...  In short - its impossible...

mrplant

Still struggling with how you sign the binaries for upload through application loader.. Gernot?

Kitty Hello

In tools or compiler/platform/mac. Theres an osx app that does code signing via drag n drop. Thx trucidare!!

mrplant

Well been doing some digging around here..
A combination of command line programs and a GUI seem to be in order here..

Nearly got it..

Before you start you need to fill in all the apps metadata on the iTunes Connect site and get your app status into "Awaiting binary".

You need to right click on the app on a Mac and select Show Contents. Then you have to edit the info.plist file and make sure the Bundle names are correct and save again.

Then you need to codesign the binary produced by GLBasic using the command line codesign command and sign that with your mac application profile.
Next you need to create a package file using the createpackage command and sign that with your mac installer profile.
Then you can use the GUI Application Loader program to upload your binary.

Managed to get app uploaded now ok but then the website itself says upload received - then about 30 secs later it reports "invalid binary" but doesn't say what is wrong? argh!!!!

Could it be the icon file size? update: Nope GLBasic is generating the proper 512x512 sized file so its not that..

*The installer package when I run it doesn't seem to be installing into /Applications for some reason.. Stuck!

This page shows Apples guidelines here for doing manual codesign and submission for Mac store..

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/ToolsLanguages/Conceptual/OSXWorkflowGuide/DistributingApplications/DistributingApplications.html

mrplant

I just bought Tooyan (my niece will love it) and I will leave it a good review in a moment..

I was inspecting its info.plist file and compared to mine - there are not many differences..

Still can't figure our why it is being rejected after upload..

I thought it might be something to do with forcing full screen 1024x768 mode but I tried making a new build in non fullscreen mode. Anyway, Tooyan works in fullscreen mode -  I assume that is 1024x768 - it seems like it is..

Since Tooyan was built for the app store using GLBasic - can Gernot maybe shed a little more light on how he went about the upload and signing process - although I seem to have worked some of it out  - see my last post..

Something is still not right in my submission... confused....  :blink:

mrplant

After a lot of searching around, i came across this page:

http://technology.blurst.com/unity-games-and-mac-app-store/

Not done anything other than quickly read it - but the clue I need might just be in there!!

mrplant

Aha...

After a lot of submissions and rejected binaries - Apple finally got back to me via automated email to explain what was wrong...

erm. any ideas anyone? This binary was just created with GLBasic's Compile for Mac OSX option...

Dear Developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent binary submission. Before your app can be reviewed, the following issues must be corrected:

Unsupported Architecture - Application executables may support either or both of the Intel architectures:

i386 (32-bit)
x86_64 (64-bit)
Other architectures may not be included in submitted binaries. Confirm that your Xcode project's build settings include those architectures and no others.
Specifically, we found the following unsupported architectures in your binary:

ppc (in Crush.app/Contents/Frameworks/SDL.framework/Versions/A/SDL)
Though not required, we also recommend that you address the following issues:

Invalid Signature - the executable Crush.app/Contents/Frameworks/SDL.framework/Versions/A/SDL is not signed, the signature is invalid, or it is not signed with an Apple submission certificate. Refer to the Code Signing and Application Sandboxing Guide for more information.

Invalid Signature - the executable Crush.app/Contents/MacOS/SoundEngine.dylib is not signed, the signature is invalid, or it is not signed with an Apple submission certificate. Refer to the Code Signing and Application Sandboxing Guide for more information.

Once the necessary issues have been corrected, go to the Version Details page and click Ready to Upload Binary. Continue through the submission process until the app status is Waiting for Upload and then use Application Loader to upload the corrected binary.

Regards,

The iTunes Store Team

MrTAToad

Sounds like you are compiling for Universal instead of Intel.

And possibly not signing the application correctly.