GLBasic Wiki

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Just to let you all know that the GLBasic Wiki is available at : http://wiki.just-do-i-t.com/index.php?title=GLBasic_Wiki*

I've added editor details to it (describing each and every menu option, IDE area and so forth).  There are a few areas that need more detail and a few screenshots too, mainly the IDE Options bit could do with a bit of detail for each colour line.

* Not created by moi

com_1

I want to ask. (a question)

You have killed so much time on it. (tutorials)
Someone said thank you.

Why do not you throw all their energy and time to create their game "Spot" or ..... ?

MrTAToad

I'm waiting for GPC.EXE to be fixed first, as it's being a problem at the moment.... :rant:  Once that is fixed, I can then continue with my game :)

monono

Nice work! Dind´t knew that there is a wiki. Whos is it?
Does Astirid has a forum nickname?

MrTAToad

I cant remember now...

I've started added GLBasic commands now, using text from my website

MrTAToad

Lets hope that he renews the domain before April next year :)

Cliff3D

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2010-Sep-08

We're... using a resource provided by a forum member who has never posted? :help:

Cliff3D

Is there any way to get the Wikmi on a more formal footing before too long? I plan to continue adding to the Wiki - mostly transferring and updating the tutorials at present - but I'd like to think my efforts will last longer than that!

No offense to the community member providing the resource - she's most generous to have done so :D

MrTAToad

Quote from: Ocean on 2010-Sep-08
Quote from: MrTAToad on 2010-Sep-08

He's a she.
ohhh  :whistle:

MrTAToad

Quote from: Cliff3D on 2010-Sep-08
Is thee any way to get the Wikmi on a more formal footing before too long? I plan to continue adding to the Wiki - mostly transferring and updating the tutorials at present - but I'd like to think my efforts will last longer than that!

No offense to the community member providing the resource - she's most generous to have done so :D
Some of the other notes can be inserted into the official help web pages at a later date.  The tutorials can also be updated as well.

MrTAToad

All commands have now been added.

And good news - the domain will be renewed next year :)

Cliff3D

Most excellent. My efforts will tend to be sporadic - especailyl as I'm back to battling 3D in GLBasic for myself :)

Cliff3D

Hmmm - on the commands...would it be possible to increase the amount of detail in the command definitions? For example - X MAKE3D is currently defined thus:

QuoteSwitch to 3D mode

Syntax :

X_MAKE3D near, far, fov

Result :

Switches to 3D mode.

near and far defined the distance that objects will be displayed.

fov defines the field of view angle. If this is negative, then an orthogonal view will be created, in which case fov will define a scaling value.

Now fortunately the example given contains the information that I wanted, but what I'd really like/understand better would be if the syntax given also included the type of variable/poarameter required. In this isntance something like:

X_MAKE3D near#, far#, fov#

so that I know that the X_MAKE3D command wants floats (and that other comamnds expect floats, or integers, or strings - as appropriate).

I'm not sure how much sense I'm making, just throwing this out there :)

MrTAToad

# are optional - with or without them, the variable is a float - and I want to type as few characters as possible P)

Cliff3D

Ah! so if there's integer or string parameters (I haven't looked) they'll be indicated? Kewl - apologies for not thinking of that :)