News:

*NEW* Current Version on STEAM16.793

Webchat:
Visit the chat

TSetup

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Included is the basis for the TSetup program processing framework, which is designed to remove the need for routines for loading, display graphics text and so on - everything would be handled by the system, allowing you to work on the program and not worry about anything else.

At the moment it is nowhere near complete, but if people think it would be useful it'll be worth continuing with.

At the moment its for C/C++ use, although it would be easy enough to allow access from  BASIC

bigsofty

I really like the fact that it has so much C in it. Interfacing with GLBasic at this level has so many uses and it is an education to see it at this extent.

Please keep up the good fight, it's a great library!  :good:

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

Glad you like it!  One thing that needs to be done is make it more Android compiler friendly - when compiling for Android, C/C++ files need to be in the %TEMP%/glbasic directory, and with 20+ files could be a bit annoying - so hopefully I'll be able to get it down to 2/3 files (and hopefully remove the last vestiges of class pointers too).

bigsofty

You could stick something like this in your Project Options/cmp command line "-I"C:\Coding Folder\Projects\GLBasic\LIBS\Csrc" -include cstuff.c"?

\Csrc\cstuff.c would just be a big bunch of includes for your headers that are located in \Csrc . Scope works fine throughout your GLBasic inline code from this point I think, Android should be fine too.

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

I've reduced it all to 3 C++ files now - saves having to fiddle around with the compiler settings.  I've also added the basics for calling the code from GLBasic and for registering BASIC code.  Its a bit indirect - it calls a SUB, which you would set up to (probably) call routines in an extended type.

bigsofty

Having some problems compiling under the new GLBasic Beta V11.414, I'll try the non-beta one tomorrow.
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

How odd!

bigsofty

Hmm, still getting the same error on 10.160. All I get is a dialogue say "Please create first.", which then exits the program when acknowledged?
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

Make sure the files aren't set to read-only.

bigsofty

Nope, no read-only files present. I am getting a windows compatibility error on the executable? Very strange indeed. I have Windows 7, 64bit.  :S

It would be good to know if anyone else is having problems with Windows 64bit?

Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

kanonet

I can confirm your problem with V11.414 on Win7 x64.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

MrTAToad

I'm using Windows 8 x64

fuzzy70

Builds & executes fine on mine without errors.

Win7 x64 Ultimate & GLB 11.414 beta.

Get the following error when compiling on 10.283
Code (glbasic) Select
C:\Users\LEEFUR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp1.cpp: In function `DGNat __GLBASIC__::TSetup_SetLoop()':
C:\Users\LEEFUR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp1.cpp:745: error: `SETLOOPSUB' was not declared in this scope

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

mentalthink

HI I have the same error, create first... I'm using Win8 x32 but under paralells..

HI MrT, I put in debug mode and the compiler says this..

Wordcount:14 commands
compiling:
C:\Users\MENTAL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp1.cpp:917: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum
Elapsed: 19.6 sec. Time: 15:34
Build: 0 succeeded.
*** 1 FAILED ***

Another things extrange I find, it's in the ink box for the compiler I found write a route if your computer***, and the program it's setting for default in Android not in Win32...

MrTAToad

As I mentioned elsewhere, debug mode can't be used when INLINE code is used - the compiler misses a parameter bracket somewhere...