GLBasic V12 (was formerly V11 beta)

Previous topic - Next topic

kanonet

Effecting color from earlier commands has been there at least for a long time, but I never saw it as a bug.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Jonás Perusquía

Quote from: spacefractal on 2013-Jun-14
im heard about the sound bug, you need to add path to the sound files as GETCURRENTDIR$() does not work, but sound do work for sound, etc "Media/sound/whatever.wav":
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=8544.msg78812#msg78812
Thank you :) for this i should disable GETCURRENTDIR$() command right?  just adding "Media/file.ogg" to the PLAYMUSIC command did not work
<HTML><BASIC><EC>
Be free and do good things

spacefractal

its mightbeen the sound only and not music. Im have not tested Android with v11.4 yet, because im have not moved the java communications over yet. GETCURRENTDIR$() should works for other than sound/music, its should just got ignored here.

Also its have been confirmed iPhone 5 resolution do work, since DaCarSoft have confirmed that. Howover the game did use a eailer v11 beta, where iCade bugs & rotations was fixed, before they got repeared. So its property a Xcode issue here.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

kanonet

You mean SETCURRENTDIR, not GETCURRENTDIR right?
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Jonás Perusquía

Quote from: kanonet on 2013-Jun-15
You mean SETCURRENTDIR, not GETCURRENTDIR right?
right xD
Quote from: spacefractal on 2013-Jun-15
its mightbeen the sound only and not music. Im have not tested Android with v11.4 yet, because im have not moved the java communications over yet. GETCURRENTDIR$() should works for other than sound/music, its should just got ignored here.
for me, both aren't working under Android 2.3.7
<HTML><BASIC><EC>

spacefractal

Sure you have thec latent beta?
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

fivesprites

I've only found issue with setcurrentdir for Android sound in the latest beta.   If I don't use this and explicitly put the path then it works fine.

Jonás Perusquía

Quote from: fivesprites on 2013-Jun-16
I've only found issue with setcurrentdir for Android sound in the latest beta.   If I don't use this and explicitly put the path then it works fine.
I think it's the same for me, also running latest beta

EDIT: Also im having another issue, the command MOUSEAXIS() doesn't seem to work under Android also.
<HTML><BASIC><EC>

spacefractal

Im thinks that MOUSEAXIS() bug have been in a while? Howover you can fix that by doing a function instead based on MouseStates, which could double the command. So its a possible workaround here and its a easy one. Android does also not have a wheel at all and should report zero anyway.

Also iPhone 5 is today required to support or Apple well reject its automatic by a error. So Arm 6 support need to been removed, because Apple not support that anymore due that. Also its a bit sad the iCade and orientation issue have been back after DaCarSoft excellent fixes (im happy to use v11.1xx for iOS dev until then and Later version for Android after the "Sensor" orientation fix).

To support iPhone 5 seen to just been adding the Dummy Image under iPhone Project / Targets IPone / Lunch Images to Retina (4-inch). The image can just been blank and does not need to been have any content on that. Im thinks iOS uses that to detect the app does support iPhone 5 or not. Xcode should ask that if missing, if not, add that image manually. Then iPhone 5 supports should been spot on.

Kitty Hello

how can the icade bug be in again? oh man. what was that fix again?

spacefractal

yes its have been a while, and its was DaCarSoft that did fixed them and gave them to you, until it brokes after v11.171. Im found about its after a Greedy Mouse update and saw the iCade window when rotated, and then needed go back to v11.171, and reupload to Apple again. Im trought you never did reply to him for some reason, or im do thinks the issue might have completly been forgotten at all, due the focus on html5 of course.

Me thinks some source code might have been overwrote in some reason, but only a wild guess.

So by now im do keep my v11.171 version, which im like for iOS deploy (for Android im uses a newer version).

spacefractal

finally tested the newset 11.414 beta for Android, and moved all my changes to that as will using AndroidExtras changes.

- Im confirm music as well sound in Android do work, but you do need to give full path to the file (etc using GETCURRENTDIR$()).
- Multitaskning do partically works. Howover there is a one minor issue:

When you press home, and double click on the icon (not using the taskbar, which seen works), then the app might freeze. Not sure its a bug in the game or in glbasic.

spacefractal

Im tried Update both ndk and sdk to v4.0 (due prepare ouya dev), using API 14.

Here result:
- Greedy Mouse still works on htc desire hd (detected API 10), which is nice.
- multi taskning is still have issues when resuming.
- sound still works with full path.
- rotation require "ScreenSize" to been added in manifest for "sensor", or it's will freeze instead (on Samsung Tab2). Rotation still worked for the htc device.

Most important right now is get the multi tasking to work better. Here it's somewhere unstable, but game still fully playable. Fivesprite: did you fixed that one I'm could look on? Then I'm give a new sdl to you as well.

So with early test with sdk 4.0 with build tools from newest version, I'm think its safe to upgrade to that in near future (gernot, im can send my android folder to you to tryout). By updating sdk allow us to add more services like ads (often require 2.3), full ouya support with inapp purchase and so on. The sdk weight around 190mb, about 15mb more than the current one. In new beta it's might been best as new platform for allow more tests, before eventuelly remove sdk 2.2.

Also market for froya (2.2) is today pretty small. Also I'm did not update to jelly bean for ndk reason, but should been very easy.

Ps. Due adb issues, not tested the adb install from bat file throught.

spacefractal

im have upgraded api SDK as well NDK as im wrote in the OUYA thread.

Im gonna thinks android-sdk-windows folder is NOT required to been included, which can take many mb and there is no more neccetly to include an SDK at all! That can save a lots of download size.

Instead people could download the lastest and create a little tool to copy the sdk files to the property place (which is required anyway due android ADB drivers).

Its seen only two change is required to perfom and use any SDK people want to use:
1. copy Compiler\Android\android-sdk-windows\tools\android.bat top to that one SDK uses. That one SDK uses dosent work with the included SDK.

2. change a line in compiler\platform\Android\bin\glb_build.bat in that line:
call "%ANDROIDSDK%\tools\android.bat" update project --name "glbasic" --path "%GLB_PROJ_PATH%" --target "android-8"

android-8 can been changes to whatever api you want to uses.

mightbeen a little tool in the extras could do that job, which could been run in the first startup?

Also the same tool could been created to change eventuelly templateproj by just renaming them or copy from a another folder.

This is something im can look on later, but the tool would been created in BLitzMax, the language im prefer doing tools like those.

Howover updateing NDK can take some time, which should been included in one of the future beta, which im send to Gernot.

Kitty Hello

Excellent. How about a simple env variable to point to the Android SDK?
ANDROID_HOME="..."