Box2d - 2D physics

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Is it done, yet? :P

MrTAToad

It might be easier to look into Chipmunk instead - it needs no external references beyond anything in stdlib

One problem :

The Linux 3.3.3 headers dont have stdlib...

Any chance of updating the headers file with those for the WIZ ?

Kitty Hello

the current version of box2d that Schranz0r is working on depends on nothing. That's very handy.

MrTAToad

bigsofty

Any news on this one?  O_O
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Schranz0r

No news sorry... have no time to wrapp all that stuff...  :'(
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Kitty Hello

Is it "life"? Must be a hard disease. ;)

bigsofty

No worries, better answer than "cancelled"  :D
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Ozden79

Any chance that Box2D is going to make it's way to IPhone? :whistle:

Schranz0r

sure its just math, not more!
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Ozden79

Any estimation? Any help I can do about it?

Kitty Hello

See the first post. I was about to implement the joints now. It's not compiling but if you can help, you surely can get rid of these compiler errors, too. I'd like to finish this myself, but I think it's a lot of work, still.

Ozden79

Hello Gernot,

I got the file and I see theerrors in the generated temp cpp files. I looked a bit into the GLBasic codes and it seems you are straight converting/injecting the codes of Box2D instead of just importing the functions from it's dll (if it has?), is that right?

In that case, what are the functions that you convert to GLBasic? I would like to really help as one of the games I design needs some kind of physics and having such a feature in GLBasic (on IPhone) would be really great...

Ãâ€"zden

Kitty Hello

If it compiles, it will compile for iPhone, too. That's why I don't wrap a dll.

Ozden79

Is it only the errors in it or does it have anything missing for implementation? I'm trying to understand whether it's something that only needs to be corrected or have anything to be added/enhanced as well... :)