Palm Pre Multi-touch

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

This is a modified version of the iPhone Touch Feature example and work very well on my Pre 2.

However, I need to know whether it will work on 1.4.5

The program has been slightly modified to handle up to 9 touches, of which the Pre 2 seems to cope with around 6.

I've also include the Android version too - none of my devices detect multi-touch, although as mention in the Android Beta tests posts, its possible it hasn't been implemented

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ian Price

I've got a 1.4.5 (Pre Plus) coming in the mail - I'll gladly help out testing for 2.XX and 1.4.5 (once it arrives, of course!) :)
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Where did you get yours from ?

Ian Price

Got a great deal from an established user over at Pre-Central. The case is pretty scuffed up (although it looks OK in vids), but the touchscreen and everything else works fine.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Well done!  Should be useful

Millerszone

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2011-May-29
This is a modified version of the iPhone Touch Feature example and work very well on my Pre 2.

However, I need to know whether it will work on 1.4.5

The program has been slightly modified to handle up to 9 touches, of which the Pre 2 seems to cope with around 6.

I've also include the Android version too - none of my devices detect multi-touch, although as mention in the Android Beta tests posts, its possible it hasn't been implemented

Results for Pre 1.4.5:
Code (glbasic) Select

One Finger:
Mouse Status(0): XPos and YPos both move and Active = 0, but also Mouse Status(5): XPos moves and Active = 0

Two Fingers:
Mouse Status(0) and Mouse Status(1): XPos and YPos both move and Active = Fluctuate from 0 TO 1, but also Mouse Status(5) and Mouse Status(6): XPos moves and Active = 0

With Three Fingers or more, same results as Two Fingers.

Looks like Pre 1.4.5 is only good for two touches.
Hardware: iMac 27", MacBook Air, PC 3.5Ghz Quad
Developing Tools: GLBasic SDK, Gideros Studio, PureBasic
Developing for: iOS, Android, Windows, OS X, webOS, HTML5

MrTAToad

Which is fair enough = just need to be careful if using SETMOUSE with a value greater than what it can handle...