Pwnlicious Competition #1: Netgame OR Handheld

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Because very few people registered for the original competition I will change it:
there are 2 categories named Netgame and Handheld. Following rules apply for both categories:

- the competition starts 28.08.2008 00:01 GMT+1 and ends 28.10.2008 23:59 GMT+1
- every participant can register up to 3 games (i.e. 3 for Netgame OR 3 for Handheld OR a combination)
- a game can be registered to only one category
- a game is registered by uploading it to a webspace and sending me a PM containing the download details
- once registered a game cannot be changed or canceled i.e. the first version of your game that I download will be the version I will review

Special rules for the Handheld category:

- only 2D games
- resolution of the game must be 320x240
- the game must be compiled for the Wiz; if GLBasic doesn't support the Wiz by the end of the competition the game must be compiled for Windows to be reviewed and a Wiz version has to be compiled once GLBasic support the Wiz
- filesize of the not-compressed game (executable plus all other files) cannot be greater than 256 MB!
- you can watch the valuation scheme below (hvs.png)

Special rules for the Netgame category:

- the filesize of the compressed game cannot be greater than 512 MB!
- you can watch the valuation scheme below (nvs.png)
- Net Education can either be the documented sourcecode or a tutorial in PDF or HTML format

Prices will be split between all participants but how they will be split will be revealed on 1.11.2008 when the winners are announced.
The prices are:

- DVD Akira Chinese/English subtitle (shipping and handling by the winner)
- German book Crashkurs Typo und Layout (shipping and handling by the winner)
- Software Bit Defender Game Safe 2008 (license valid for 286 days as from 23.8.2008)
- Software CSSEdit 2
- Software ImageWell 3
- Software mst Defrag 2
- Game Team Fortress 2 und Day of Defeat: Source (German version)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Albert

What is it: Net Education, and Wiz?

Sebastian

Net Education means the documented source code or network tutorial for GLBasic. You should read the rules again:
Quote- Net Education can either be the documented sourcecode or a tutorial in PDF or HTML format

The Wiz is the new handheld console from GPH (the successor to the GP2X so to say).

Albert

Thank you!
And how many member going to register? Anyone? Or only the silence mean everybody working hard on their project?
I love to make a 2D handheld game, but the remaining time to the deadline is too close.

Sebastian

To be honest I haven't heard from anyone taking part so far but that doesn't mean nobody is working on a project for this competition.
A few things have changed and the next version of GLBasic will be out before November so if noone takes part this time I will make sure to do another competition.

Kitty Hello

I think it's best to wait until Nov.

Heiko

Sebastian no longer seems to be here.

mathux

i AM still here!
I just disliked the login with "sebastian". It was kinda confusing because this is the only forum I had that login.
More information about the competition soon. If you are one of the users that want to take part: wait until the new GLBasic version will be out! Announcements regarding this competition will follow soon!

Heiko

oh hi and welcome back.smile

no i´m not a part of your comp.

netgame it´s not my resort at the moment.

and i have no handheld......rolledtears