space war

Previous topic - Next topic

bricky91

hi! i made this little space shooter called space war; here's the link:

http://www.zshare.net/download/7200375fc6b51b/

tell me how it is, if you find bugs, and wathever you want! :)

BumbleBee

Yes, i've already played it, but i can't speak italian.;)
Just one thing: How about different rotation?  When an asteroid or alien left the screen, save a new random value for the rotation.
Nice game anyway.:)

Cheers
The day will come...

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570k, 3.4GHz, AMD Radeon 7800 , 8 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home 64Bit

loganite

I liked it, nice one.

I did notice the shots from the enemy seemed to be very predictable in their timing so maybe it could do with mixing up a little.

i tend to use:  if rnd(1000) < spawnrate then spawnsomething

Kitty Hello

I use:
nextspawn = GETTIMERALL() + 100 + RND(1000)

IF nextspawn < GETTIMERALL()
   spawn()
   make new "nextspawn"
ENDIF

Ian Price

A very nice start, but there's several things you could do to improve the game significantly -

1. Make it more interesting - it's actually OK for 30 seconds, but then it just becomes repetetive.

2. The enemy shots are too regular, too accurate and too fast. I can avoid them, but it's no fun

3. Never, ever, ever have enemies spawning behind you. Always give the player a chance to react to an enemy before it rams you.

4. When the game first started, I was avoiding the rocks and trying to collect the red things (Yes, like 99.9% of other people I didn;t read the ReadMe file until after). It's quite odd that the rocks don't kill/harm you. It would help improve realism if the rocks were different sizes and moved and rotated at differng speeds too.

5. Increase variety of alien movement, or increase the varities of aliens in each level. Having multiple types of enemies means the player has to think about his next move and how to deal with them and thusly makes the game more interesting. If all enemies are the same, then that thought process is non-existant and boredom sets in fast.

6. Sound. Sfx and music are incredibly important. Even simple whizzes, bangs and pops can enhance the atmosphere of a game, even without music.

:)
I came. I saw. I played.

bricky91

Oh, thanks to everyone for your replies! they'll help me in the new game i'll made... this one was just a game to learn the GL Basic programming language (and this is why i didn't insert any music or Sfx), and i didn't use things like types, or many other things... in the next one i'll probably use types for the enemies, shots and player and learn how to use them properly, i think they're probably better then arrays... anyway, i think make a game with many levels doesn't make sense, because i use the demo version, and the exes can be played only for limited time... i'll do my best to improve the game, and i'll take your advices into account! bye! :)