News about Caanoo ?

Previous topic - Next topic

Leos

Hi!

I'm very excited about buying a Caanoo and Glbasic (still using the demo) and making a dream come true... I'd really love to have my games going with me everywhere :)

I own Purebasic and love it for all kind of development and stuff, but I'm loving Glbasic for games and loving even more for it's portability...

I wanna know if Linux games would run on Caanoo (since it's linux based) or Wiz apps would run on Caanoo , or if is there a Caanoo port being added to glbasic... Or else... I'm buying Wiz :D
(I'm almost doing this right now, but I think I should wait for Caanoo)

Thanks in advance ppl!  <3
Leo.

GLBasic fan!

Kitty Hello

I have no Canoo, yet. hould be easy to port, though.

Leos

Are you planning to get one soon?

I'm just waiting for play-asia to get it on stock...

You are the dev, right? It's nice to know it's port could be made soon ^^

Btw, nice to meet you!
Leo.

GLBasic fan!

Leos

Leo.

GLBasic fan!

Leos

Messing with the SDK, It comes with an example for codeblocks with build targets to windows and gp2x, I couldn't even make the windows one work  :giveup: I'm so stupid when dealing with c/c++  ::)
But the code mentions wiz a lot, It doesn't seem very different from wiz sdk, besides the vibration and 3g sensor commands...
Leo.

GLBasic fan!

Leos

Finally, I have it with me. And the word for the Caanoo is 'Awesome'. Really, very cool...
It's just a little annoying to get thing working from fungp.com, the PCManager seems very buggy yet, but I think they are doing their best at the moment...
With open emulators, roms, and other games, it's everything ok... very cool  <3

I've read somewhere that few apps, not all, would run on caanoo even if compiled for wiz... well, can't seem to make it work... maybe it's just a lie...
Leo.

GLBasic fan!

hardyx

Caanoo and Wiz apps are not compatible, they have a different Linux kernel and binary interface. Things must to recompile with the new SDK. The analog pad and button codes are different too. But there is some source code posted in GP32X to manage this.