Recent posts

1) 'build' function uses Win32 as target platform, not sure if always.
2) in previous GLB versions it was compiled to distribute/Win64, not sure why now it's Win32, nevertheless
latest compiled version is always copied to 'project_name.app' path, so yuo can use that.
3) 64bit windows is treated as separate platform, so you need to specify proper starting resolution in Project->Options
GLBasic - en / Re: UO DiNGSFont?
Last post by dreamerman - 2023-Aug-27
It is worth to note that this is the 'ver 7', so newest, I didn't saw it on forum previously, to this date I had ver 6, thanks for uploading it ;-)
GLBasic - en / Android 13 Update
Last post by MrPlow - 2023-Aug-27
Due to Google deadline for updates : End of August (with option to extend to 1 Nov)
(for older apps to be visible to newer devices - and for older apps remain eligible to update going forward)

Currently, I need to look into getting my apps all updated on weekends after work.
It has been a while, but already had some luck with getting an app without dependency on gms and ads to work and run on my phone and Android 12 & 13

See below a test with the very useful Browserstacks app testing platform...

So far so good!

I am still on older version of Android Studio and gradle model (5.4.1) and build
classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.5.4'

I will look into the whole new Android Studio setup after this and when my new Windows 11 Laptop arrives...

Hi

From what I recall - the 64bit compile exe just overwrites the x86 one... in the same folder...
and u can check by a simple inspection of the exe I think?

Cant remember how though...
GLBasic - en / Re: Is it possible to build fo...
Last post by Qedo - 2023-Aug-27
is the folder "D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\GLBasic_SDK\Compiler\platform\Win64" (on my computer with Win10)
present?
Last post by Cliff3D - 2023-Aug-26
Quote from: Qedo on 2023-Aug-22I found it

Where did you find it, please?

Edit:
Ah - attached o your post!

Thanks,

Cliff
Last post by bigtunacan - 2023-Aug-25
Thank you!
Bug Reports / 64-Bit compilation issues
Last post by Cliff3D - 2023-Aug-25
1) I can select Win64 as the target, but I cannot set the "build for this platform" tick - it is greyed out/disabled.

I can ONLY set 64 Bit compilation by pressing the "Multiplatform compilation" button.

Even so I can only build the 64 bit copy using "Multiplatform compilation"

2) When I compile to Win64 the build is compiled to "distribute\Win32\AppName" = should it compile to "distribute\Win64\AppName" ?

3) My nice new 64 Bit compile actually obeys the screen resolution set in Project...Options, whereas 32 Bit compile seems to decide on the resolution by itself?
Quote from: Cliff3D on 2023-Aug-25I've tried selecting "Win64" as platform Configuration but "build for this program" is greyed out. If i build the .exe I get is 32 bit.

Am I missing a step (I'm running on Win11 Home 64 bit) or should I post this as a bug?

Ah! I think I've found it...

One has to use "Multiplatform compilation" from the toolbar and select 64 Bit there. The new 64 Bit build will then be compiled inside a folder called "AppName\distribute\Win32\AppName". it ignores the window resolution set in Project...options.

I've tried selecting "Win64" as platform Configuration but "build for this program" is greyed out. If i build the .exe I get is 32 bit.

Am I missing a step (I'm running on Win11 Home 64 bit) or should I post this as a bug?