minecraft player here ?

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmor

i have a mad idea and need to talk about it with an minecraft owner !
thx

Ian Price

My son has Minecraft on XBox360 and pc (well we have it on a desktop and a laptop). He's finished the game on the 360, killing the EnderDragon etc.

I know virtually nothing about MineCraft, other than what I've seen and played doesn't appeal to me. But if you want to try something, then just shout out - he might know what you're talking about, as it's unlikely I will!
I came. I saw. I played.

Marmor

Hi Ian ,

i need the "level.dat" from the pc version. one little level with some buildings .
i will try to create a minecraft looking landscape for glb.
idea behind : create a landscape with minecraft  and then export it to 3ds.
some work with polycontreduction and kill some groups (gras etc ) and then import this to glb.
after some test with a unusual level (from a demo) i think this is possible

maybe its a god or a bad idea , let us see

thx

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

Schranz0r

On singleplayer you are the server ;)

@Marmor:

download the server start it and then you have your dat-file
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Ian Price

Like I said, I know bugger all about MineCraft - and that's too much! :P

I just don't get the attraction at all. Each to their own though :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Moru

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Programs_and_editors/3D_Exporters

There are even exporters made for the 3D printing services around.

Wampus

Marmor that sounds interesting. What kind of draw distance are you thinking of?

Marmor

i dunno really , because i need some tests before we get a direction for modelling for glb.

matchy

Sounds like an interesting idea and something I've tried. Minecraft was great a a couple of years ago but new redstone circuits still amaze me.

Marmor

cool matchy !
i found my level.dat from the demo pc version and transport it to 3ds and view it in uuwrap3d.
so much faces and tris etc. u need to cut a small part from the  level because the mesh is becoming to
big.
id like to create a landscape for the racing game idea from schranz0r  but it looks not fine !
also the mesh is too large for mobile !

i think its better to write an low level poly  or surface editor for this.

all in all a bad idea ?!

mentalthink

HI really this it's not too much complex in any 3D suite you can do it... if I have to do a Scene only whit cubes I will do this:
1 create a cube and unwrap this cube, for after apply differect textures but whit the same UV coordinates.(if it's possible delete the bottom part of the cube)
2 model your scenario , when you want the same texture of the object not make a copy, else instances of this cube
and not too much more... (Remenber activate the Snaps to the grid)

Another way it's do a 3D voxel modeler (I think Gernnot put somthing in this forum, in the 3D part...)

I don't know if this can help you Marmor.
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=7492.0

Marmor

i've build a cube-editor years ago this is not the problem.

PaLe

I played to Minecraft while ago.
I also tried to create a (small) redstone simulator but it never worked properly because of too many errors in Minecraft (pistons) ;)