GLBasic license

Previous topic - Next topic

turnerb

Hello,

I have seen enough to go ahead and buy the Pro version of GLBasic, the only problem is that my computer is slowly dying and I know I will need to replace it soon.  I am wondering how much trouble I will have installing and licensing GLBasic Pro on one machine and then moving the license to a new machine later?

Some software does this well, some does not.

Thanks

Ian Price

You should have no problems at all. I did the same when my desktop died.
I came. I saw. I played.

spicypixel

Quote from: turnerb on 2011-Sep-29
Hello,

I have seen enough to go ahead and buy the Pro version of GLBasic, the only problem is that my computer is slowly dying and I know I will need to replace it soon.  I am wondering how much trouble I will have installing and licensing GLBasic Pro on one machine and then moving the license to a new machine later?

Some software does this well, some does not.

Thanks

Is it hardware failure or simply grinding to a halt type scenario. If it's not hardware then backup your stuff, format the drive and reinstall Windows.. Should be all ok and good to go again :)
http://www.spicypixel.net | http://www.facebook.com/SpicyPixel.NET

Comps Owned - ZX.81, ZX.48K, ZX.128K+2, Vic20, C64, Atari-ST, A500.600.1200, PC, Apple Mini-Mac.

okee

I've never had any issues with the licensing and i've had to reinstall a few
times on different computers.
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

aonyn

I also would not worry about it at all, because Gernot is very good to GLBasic Users.
He has always been very quick to reply to any problem I have contacted him about, and entirely helpful in his response.
GLBasic has the best support of any software I use.

regards,
Dave
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

turnerb

Thanks everyone, this is very good news.  It sure seemed like this was going to be the case, but thought I should make sure the reality matched what I was seeing in the forums.

My hardware slowly dying is of an unknown cause, and frankly I dont care enough to find out the cause because it means I have a reason to go ahead and purchase a new 27" iMac (and promptly install Windows 7 on it).  I have everything backed up to an external RAID 5 NAS, so I am not concerned about data loss.  I have been bitten by that in the past and learned from my mistakes.