Shoebox problems?

Previous topic - Next topic

PeeJay

I stopped trying to do OSX builds as the games didn't seem to like shoebox, but now it seems to be affecting linux builds as well - see http://www.retroremakes.com/forum2/showpost.php?p=174859&postcount=89

Or is it something stupid I'm doing wrong? Gernot? Help! :)
www.peejays-remakes.co.uk
For games, remakes, and GL Basic Tutorials
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Kitty Hello

Code (glbasic) Select

fopen("/tmp/sbxJAplayercoll.png", "rb") failed.
internal error: relative pathname and non-matching case sensitivity
GetNoCaseName4Input - bailing out

doesn't look too good for me.
I'll try to debug into this.

Kuron

PeeJay:  Just curious, do you have problems on OSX if you do not use shoebox?

PeeJay

No idea - I don't have OS/X, and am not too keen on letting my media free on the public ;)

Kuron

Thanks, was just curious.  I don't have OSX either and was wondering how well GLB stuff ran on it.

Wouldn't ever use shoebox on any platform, but on Linux and OSX, I would use my own methods or just not protect the media.  No matter the protection method used for your graphics, a simple screen capture will beat it :(

PeeJay

While that is true, the first game I tried to do for OS/X (and hence found the shoebox problem) was DangerMouse (a graphical adventure), and because of the nature of it, being able to view the media could give you valuable clues on how to complete the game

Kitty Hello

OK, seems to be fixed now.

Kuron

Quote from: PeeJay on 2008-Aug-06
While that is true, the first game I tried to do for OS/X (and hence found the shoebox problem) was DangerMouse (a graphical adventure), and because of the nature of it, being able to view the media could give you valuable clues on how to complete the game
Very understandable for that genre...