Video capture of your program/game

Previous topic - Next topic

FutureCow

I've only just started playing around with it, but early indications are that it's very good!
http://sourceforge.net/projects/camstudio/

From their website (so people don't have to go looking  :) )
QuoteCamStudio can also add high-quality, anti-aliased (no jagged edges) screen captions to your recordings in seconds and with the unique Video Annotation feature you can even personalise your videos by including a webcam movie of yourself "picture-in-picture" over your desktop.

And if all that wasn't enough, CamStudio also comes with its own Lossless Codec that produces crystal clear results with a much smaller filesize compared with other more popular codecs, like Microsoft Video 1.

You have total control over the output of your video: you can choose to use custom cursors, to record the whole screen or just a section of it and can reduce or increase the quality of the recording depending on if you want smaller videos (for emailing to people, for instance) or you can have "best quality" ones for burning onto CD/DVD.

My early tests aren't shopping any of the lag I've seen people comment about here when they've done recordings.

Kitty Hello

Very old thread. On Windows 10 Press Win+G to record videos.

bigsofty

I used NVidia Shadowplay, it's free with the NVidia driver download. It seems to use almost no GPU/CPU resources but obviously you need a NVidia GPU to use it.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

Gifcam is also pretty good to create animgifs.

Schranz0r

OBS-Studio or Streamlabs-OBS (SLOBS)! :)
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

spacefractal

bandicam is also another one that is great to grab 60fps. But yes im also have used the xbox inbuildt one for my own games.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/