about IOS & Android Updates

Previous topic - Next topic

yaKC

A lot if indie devs report 30% sales from Mac, 1% Linux on Steam so Mac is viable for sales compared to the mess that it Android/IOS stores.

Sent from my 01v21_v89_gq3008s_89t_5g using Tapatalk

spacefractal

I'm have not do anything to glbasic for steam. Its worked out or box and did no other than warp the demand to the exe. So hence there is no archivement support and such.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

I believe mac and linux are good extra paths, android too, I was just wondering about ios.

Alex_R

For me IOS is fine. Of course its a pain every new requirement from Apple. And I don't earn much money. Jus't for pay Apple's fee and a little more. But I have between 20-30 downloads per day and I hope one day increase sales.

I never published for Android because my friends don't earn money with it. And I know one guy that his game was cracked within the firsts months. So I think it's worthless to publish in Android.

hardyx

Thank you for your GLB contributions spacefractal. I wish you have success in your games for Steam. Apple change the things every year with new hardware and software and it's not easy. I had to buy another Mac mini two years ago. I have to finish my games and make more this year.

spacefractal

Also I'm did few ads free games as free, and where the was done for fun (spot race and catchout). I'm see what happens next phone I'm purchase. Its might not even been a iPhone. This is something I'm will consider later this month. I I'm have a nice reserve android phone, which works nicely. But again I'm like and love I pass. I'm hope somebody can fix the remaining issues, since I'm opened up all my files. I'm happy I'm did that, but I since most issues is often in those.

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

spacefractal

the bad news:
Im have sold my iPhone 6.

They do said its works as its should and im will get a full price for it (used of course). That means the wifi on the iPhone 6 does work, so the wifi here is just bad and need purchase a new router (its a lesser issue).

the good news:
Im have dedicated, countinue to use iOS, so im purchased a new iPhone 6s Plus, found to a nice price with a nice reduced price.

That means im will a least fix the touchscreen relative issues, which im believe its the most important one. Even the FrameBuffer might not been fixed, you can still workaround and check when user use switch app. The app does NOT crash here, so you can save your positions and let it quit. Apple should still accept your app doing that. MultiTasking is not important for Games at all. But im do hopefully im can fix this annoying issue, but its not the most important one throught.

Also im will fix those issues later in the feb month, and might even add 3D Touch support by using GameInput API.

So even im might leave iOS/Android, im will leave it with a good shape!

erico

Alex_R

QuoteIm have dedicated, countinue to use iOS, so im purchased a new iPhone 6s Plus, found to a nice price with a nice reduced price.

That means im will a least fix the touchscreen relative issues, which im believe its the most important one

Wow Spacefractal, you are so good!! Many, many, many thaks for this.

I was desperately looking for a guy with iPhone + to test the games (even if I don't have skills to fix the problem inside glBasic  :whistle: ). Thanks again for trying to fix this issue. I also think it's very important that glbasic runs properly in all devices.

You are great!!!  :good:  :good:  :good:

spacefractal

im are still waiting for the phone, but hopefully im can fix a least the touch issues later this month. hopefully im even can implemented 3d touch support with MOUSESTATE,  which means MOUSESTATE might not just return 0 and 1, but can been from 0-256 or something like that (MOUSESTATE uses INTEGER, not a float). Supporting it would of  course been the best way to do, than just disable it.

yaKC

Thank you spacefractal for all your work, also theI saw your game suggested twice on Steam lately, was nice to know it's GLBasic :)

Sent from my 01v21_v89_gq3008s_89t_5g using Tapatalk

spacefractal

Im for my iPhone 6plus and my games sens to run fine, but those used a older version.

So I'm take a look in this or next week about touch issues. I'm believe I'm can fix those my self.

For the framebuffer, I'm will send that to a technical issue at apple. Here I'm require in allowed to send the full source code, include glbasic source code... Simply not sure what happens and again it's worked fine in older version.

Alex_R

QuoteIm for my iPhone 6plus and my games sens to run fine, but those used a older version.

I think the problem is from XCode 10 version. I haven't problems before. Unfortunately we need to solve this issue because it will persists in further versions. Thanks Space!  =D

spacefractal

The touch issues have just been fixed today and will later today of the follow days release a new vesion. Im also confirmed both previos iOS10 issues with 6+.

The framebuffer issue is impossible for me to fix, a issue im need to send to Apple (im not sure HeadKaze have time here). Im can first send it to the techincal support when im get a permission from Gernot (im need to send the whole glbasic source as well). This is about a techincal issue.

So until then im have dedicated when HIBERNATE is called, the app will automatic shot down, so nothing will fell wrong. Etc GLB_PAUSE is first sent and then GLB_QUIT. Better doing this than a framebuffer blackness on resume. You can then eventuelly save players states when that happens.

EDIT:
Checkout the iOS & Android sticky thread. Its not 100% finshed and have not updated the beta to Beta 2, so you need to replace some files..... Its until im hopefully can fix the framebuffer issue.

Alex_R

Wow Spacefractal you are a HERO!!!  :nw:

Many thanks for all your efforts. I'll wait for Beta 2 to test my games. I'm planning to launch a new one next month.
I hope to increase the interest in GLBasic + IOS in other people. I speak with my friends about how easy is programming for iPhone. We need more people.  :good: