PowFish won a prize!! XD

Previous topic - Next topic

Wampus

My first app PowFish won a prize in the recent WebOS App Hack competition: http://developer.palm.com/blog/2012/01/app-hack-winner-got-game/

Feels good. Not sure what else to say, so here is a picture of a cat drinking Tequila:-

(If the screenshot from the Palm blog looks odd know that its not like that on actual WebOS devices. Not sure what went wrong there but it weren't me, honest.)

tatakamucher

Marmor

Nathan

Yeah congratulations there!
Is the cat drinking tequila your prize?

erico

clx

Great news!!
:booze:
Congrats Wampus!!!

Wampus

Quote from: Nathan on 2012-Jan-11
Is the cat drinking tequila your prize?

A Palm Pre 3 was the prize, but I already lost it in a card game with the cat.

Ian Price

Bugger. I completely forgot to test your app Wampus. Really sorry about that. :(

Congrats anyway. Well deserved :)

Was the prize seriously a Pre 3? I didn't think those competitions would be open to GLBasic - I thought it was MOJO/ENYO apps only.
I came. I saw. I played.

Wampus

n/p any help is appreciated.

Yep, the prize was a Pre 3. First prize was a Tablet. I was hoping just maybe I could win because Tablets are so hard to find in Canada now. However, a Pre 3 is even rarer here and will be very useful as a testing device so I'm well happy.

It appears the competition was open to cross-platform developing tools in general. For example, the first place winner used NME.

Kitty Hello

This is so great! Now just make a "made with GLBasic" sticker on the title :P.
Congrats!

Wampus

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2012-Jan-12
This is so great! Now just make a "made with GLBasic" sticker on the title :P.
Congrats!

Sure. That will be included with the next update :)

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)