GLBasic V12 (was formerly V11 beta)

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

You can allow multiple events of the same sound being  played by altering the "buffer" value in the LOADSOUND command.
I came. I saw. I played.

trucidare

i think it is time for a new ios ogles context working with all optimized shreds inside ios5 and 6
could remember that we used a simple variant of gles initialization.
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

mentalthink

Yes trucidare can be awesome have OpenGL2.0 or the 3.0, and leave the 1.0 for devices whitout too much capacity... using shaders and desiplacement maps, can be a Quantum leap in 3D...  :-* :-* :good:

trucidare

but i dont have the old code so i cant push a new one with all features kitty implmentet the last time

mentalthink

I thinked to make a port of OpenGles 2.0 but really I don't know how reproduce the capabilities of 2.0 into Windows... I think for watch in the Screen OpenGles 2.0 or Opengles-3.0 you need an emulator... In this point I don't know how do this... I know Mali emulator, but how I put GLBasic Code into this Emulator?¿... this for me it's a great Mistery... Like Universe, or Womans  =D =D :D

Kitty Hello

I have to switch to SDL2 for Android. Oh dear. Quite some work. Gles2 is not really a speed benefit. It's just all shaders.

mentalthink

Quite some work. Gles2 is not really a speed benefit. It's just all shaders.

Yes Gernnot really for old devices not it's too much interesting... I try in Shiva a simple bump map, in my Ipod, and really it's more slow than a turtle, but for make nice effects like bloom, and things like this can come well... Another thing..  It's a great amount of work... for me don't care I have a lot of tricks for make  nice and false fx in 3D.

spacefractal

because iOS 4.3 is the lowest official supported today, there is really no reason to do iPhone 3g support and down, but I will fully accepable if people still use older xcode and then want to support those as a choice (which also meant iPhone 5 wont been supported in revenge).

Same with Android really, we can but in the manifest the game will require OpenGL 2.x, which I thinks most devices today can. But again, taste of mind.

Any day to a new beta release (which fixing example the resoulution issue under orientation)?
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

trucidare

on ios we could switch too - the context handle is simple to switch - but how about sdl

Kitty Hello

SDL is easy. But the core engine is work.

trucidare

:/ couldnt help with core things :/

bigsofty

Cant get X_OBJADDVERTEX_NORMAL to work in latest beta.

X_OBJADDVERTEX_NORMAL 1.0,1.0,1.0

gives me...

Code (glbasic) Select
C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_tempg.cpp: In member function `DGInt __GLBASIC__::TOBJ::Load(__GLBASIC__::DGStr)':
C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_tempg.cpp:4389: error: `X_OBJADDVERTEX_NORMAL' was not declared in this scope
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

bigsofty

Also, from .161 to the current beta, the compile time has doubled for me?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

Compile time for gcc or gpc precompiler? Or overall?
I have fix the normals thing.

bigsofty

Sorry spoke too soon, the compile time was fine after I cleaned the project for some reason.  :-[
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)