The End of Indie Development on Android?

Previous topic - Next topic

Wampus

HamishTPB

This sounds a lot like the large record labels swallowing up everyone else in the music industry as happened in the 1970s and 1980s.   :shit: >:D

Hopefully the digital labels will adjust more quickly than the book and music people did though - as the article says, Apple are now the better of the evils for being more indy-friendly.  :doubt:
Hamish The PolarBear
GP2X F-100 :: *Broken* Caanoo :: GNU/Linux :: Android 7" Tablet :: Android 10" Tablet :: Android Phone

bigsofty

I think the article is a little pessimistic, if Google fluffs up its store then another Android store will open and take over. Android is not the same as iOS, people aren't forced to buy there.  ;/
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

Heck, hardo to comment, will check better later on to see if anything pops up on mind.

Primarly, it´s nothing new or strange, it is just a take on ´no more fart/bikini apps´.
We know distribution channels will always want distribution companies to make more money.
So it´s nothing new here.

Point is that analogy on how much they did on i-plats compared to google dosen´t quite sound like it came from their own work, but just that they had lucky on the apple side, so luck dosen´t count.

Never forget it all depends on your own game/app to make it happen, not taking advantage on young market.

We are quite safe on the GLB side as it multiplatforms like nothing else, so you are able to release it to soo many markets we should be above this drama (I hope I can actually have some personal facts on this state soon).

I will read it better and see to bable around here some more :)

Wampus

I'm thinking now the article maybe was quite pessimistic. Even if the forecast was true as described or worse it could always swing back the other way. Also, the fun and learning from developing indie apps will always carve a market and culture by itself, one way or another.